Jersey Surf 2023 - Express Yourself

Didn't see a thread for these guys yet, thought I'd start one.  Excited to see what they're up to next week when they're on the Night Beat Flo cast.  

Glad they're doing what they need to do touring regionally, want to see them stick around!  They're scoring pretty solid, broke 70 tonight.  

Anyone caught them yet?  

• Like 2

Fun show saw it Friday. Yeah they’re behind everyone due to the schedule they chose but it’s fun! True Colors could be a great moment by Indy

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Fun show saw it Friday. Yeah they’re behind everyone due to the schedule they chose but it’s fun! True Colors could be a great moment by Indy

Ooh another show with a True Colors hit?  Yay!

Looking forward to the whole slate at Annapolis soon!

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Ooh another show with a True Colors hit?  Yay!

Looking forward to the whole slate at Annapolis soon!

yeah it's pretty cool how they do it musically and visually.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

SURF!  You guys do you!   I had so much fun watching this show in Annapolis! The 80s teen that I was loved having Church of the Poison Mind, True Colors, and Express Yourself jammed on the field, having Born This Way added on was a nice bonus!

The color reveals in True Colors were fantastic too! the way you all burst out in your own ways was just great to see.  They all seem to be having a lot of fun with this show and being who they are out there as they also form a cohesive whole.

Also, I noticed the "march on the field with us in 2024 for free" QRs at the souvie booth and I find it super exciting that you're prioritizing making the activity economically accessible.  That, along with the moble music lab, thing going into the community around you really is pushing the "community corps" model in ways I think is healthy and needed!   With even open class corps costing thousands of dollars to march, you're taking a different angle to making the activity available for all.

And doing so while seeming to give your marchers a great time out there on the field, good fundamental instruction from what I saw in the lot, and a show that challenges and pushes the members to grow.

You keep doing you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1