Let's Talk About the Blue Devils...

7 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

But my point is that the show that is not for everyone is the one that is getting the most success. That is my issue and that is why I am comparing BD to obscure playwrights and artsy Oscar winners 

Nobody’s show is “for everyone”.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I repeat myself because nobody is engaging with my premise. To the BD apologist, there is no issue with their dominance and anyone who shows resentment or fatigue is just salty.

I am at least trying to give real life examples of why the judging community seems to favor BD and why I disagree.

Maybe we aren’t engaging with your premise because we do not agree!  It is NOT a requirement, or even necessary, for a show to appeal to the masses. Never was a requirement, hopefully will never BE a requirement.  I have followed SCV since 1975, and i disliked Babylon intensely.  I didn’t relate to anyone saying they found it enjoyable, appealing, or easy to understand.  I thought it was dark, gloomy, and depressing.  But the music was great, the percussion stellar, and the guard was top notch.  And i never once thought that SCV should care what i thought about it

Edited by DWW11
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

Dude, we get your point. 

Never mind

Edited by DWW11

9 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

To those who think I am wrong, let BD get upset on finals night and see how that stadium will go crazy.

I think everyone here understands how excited everyone would be if BD gets beaten.  I would be excited for whoever beats them, because that will mean they EARNED it and that’s all i care about.  That the best should win, regardless of what happened last year, or last decade.  That DOESN’T mean that BD needs to change how they do things.  

i guess you just want to use an applause meter from now on, in which case all of the shrieking teenage girls will ensure that whoever has the cutest guy chucking a rifle will win.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DWW11 said:

I think everyone here understands how excited everyone would be if BD gets beaten.  I would be excited for whoever beats them, because that will mean they EARNED it and that’s all i care about.  That the best should win, regardless of what happened last year, or last decade.  That DOESN’T mean that BD needs to change how they do things.  

i guess you just want to use an applause meter from now on, in which case all of the shrieking teenage girls will ensure that whoever has the cutest guy chucking a rifle will win.  

If BD doesn't win so be it. it's not going to do anything to their organization. They will cheer the winner and it's on to 2024. On this forum who ever wins other than BD will say....why didn't we win?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Maybe we aren’t engaging with your premise because we do not agree!  It is NOT a requirement, or even necessary, for a show to appeal to the masses. Never was a requirement, hopefully will never BE a requirement.  I have followed SCV since 1975, and i disliked Babylon intensely.  I didn’t relate to anyone saying they found it enjoyable, appealing, or easy to understand.  I thought it was dark, gloomy, and depressing.  But the music was great, the percussion stellar, and the guard was top notch.  And i never once thought that SCV should care what i thought about it

Fine then it is to the detriment of the activity that it's most successful corps is it's least engaging. 

16 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

Sheesh. It's either your way or the highway, right? At least, that is how it seems. I think we all get the fact that you think the judging community favors BD, why you disagree, and so forth and so on. 

Talk about beating a dead horse!

If you think you understand my premise then what is it? 

Just now, ContraFart said:

Fine then it is to the detriment of the activity that it's most successful corps is it's least engaging. 

If that is your opinion, that’s cool.  I am sorry you feel that way i do get your perspective. But it still isn’t fact.  

• Like 2