An Interesting Observation about Big, Loud, and Live Ticket Sales

DCI just posted on Facebook the Top Ten early ticket sales for BLL 18. The top three are:

1. Somerville, MA

2.  Milford, Ct

3. Lowell, MA

i go to the movies at both Somerville and Lowell frequently and when I have gone to drum corps events at both, I have no problem buying tickets the day of, speak less in advance. I’d say there’s a bit of excitement about Boston Crusaders prospects this year if advanced sales are higher than in current strongholds like Florida, Texas, and California.

• Like 3

I usually root against any sports team or activity from Boston

But thus year

Eat em up Boston!

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

DCI just posted on Facebook the Top Ten early ticket sales for BLL 18. The top three are:

1. Somerville, MA

2.  Milford, Ct

3. Lowell, MA

i go to the movies at both Somerville and Lowell frequently and when I have gone to drum corps events at both, I have no problem buying tickets the day of, speak less in advance. I’d say there’s a bit of excitement about Boston Crusaders prospects this year if advanced sales are higher than in current strongholds like Florida, Texas, and California.

Without numbers this is meaningless. It could mean these have at least 5 tickets sold each and the rest are zero. 

filed under: false hype 

(but I’d love to be wrong!)

2 hours ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

Maybe they want to watch Spartans!

Spartans will not be performing at the time BLL is broadcast.. They will be competing but the Open Class corps compete earlier in the day. It will be available to subscribers of Flo. That being said, I saw Spartans a few night ago at their home show and it is excellent and most likely will be the OC champions.

3 hours ago, Bruckner8 said:

Without numbers this is meaningless. It could mean these have at least 5 tickets sold each and the rest are zero. 

filed under: false hype 

(but I’d love to be wrong!)

As of a few minutes ago, seats sold, to seats remaining are as follows for these 3 New England Cinemas :

Lowell, Ma..... 57 sold, 24 seats left.

Somerville, Ma..... 59 seats sold, 54 seats left.

Milford, Ct..... 64 seats sold, 76 seats left.

They could open up 2nd screens at each... who knows. But if they don't, the OP's assessment that in the past he could  " walk up to the Somerville or Lowell Cinemas day of show and get a ticket", but on August 10th this year, if he waits to day of, it could be sold out, seems plauIsble to me with the current  rate of daily ticket purchases at these 3 Cinemas.

• Like 1

My location if I go would be #6 on that list. I looked up to see what the seat availability was as of now. Only sold 45 seats, about half the theater if you include the first two rows! This is close to Tarpon Springs High so a lot of former Tarpon World guard is marching with Crown. Blue Stars have had a large Tarpon brass membership in years past. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

As of a few minutes ago, seats sold, to seats remaining are as follows for these 3 New England Cinemas :

Lowell, Ma..... 57 sold, 24 seats left.

Somerville, Ma..... 59 seats sold, 54 seats left.

Milford, Ct..... 64 seats sold, 76 seats left.

They could open up 2nd screens at each... who knows. But if they don't, the OP's assessment that in the past he could  " walk up to the Somerville or Lowell Cinemas day of show and get a ticket", but on August 10th this year, if he waits to day of, it could be sold out, seems plauIsble to me with the current  rate of daily ticket purchases at these 3 Cinemas.

Somerville could probably open a second screen if need be. When they broadcast the Met Live in HD two theaters are used. Unless it’s been remodeled in recent years, Lowell has only one theater with live broadcasting capabilities. That being said, when I say “day off,” I don’t mean walk up. I always buy online. I won’t have to worry about a ticket for August 10th. I’ll be in my seat at LOS in section 140, though with airline delays and cancellations, maybe I should get a cinema ticket just in case!

• Like 1