An(napolis)chors Aweigh - Aug 1

Man, aside from the top spot, the battles below are going to be epic:

2 to 4:  BC, BAC, Crown

5 to 7:  Mandarins, Phantom, Cadets

Edited:  8th - Cavaliers (appreciate the catch from y'all)

9 to 11:  Blue Stars, Colts, Troopers

12 to 15 (maybe 16):  PC, BK, SOA, Crossmen (5th group:  Could Madison be surging?)

Unreal year for battles.  As much as it sucks when #1 is all but sealed, the sub battles have made this one of the most exciting seasons I can remember in recent history!

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, spacewill said:

8 to 11:  Blue Stars, Colts, Troopers

12 to 15 (maybe 16):  PC, BK, SOA, Crossmen (5th group:  Could Madison be surging?)

Unreal year for battles.  As much as it sucks when #1 is all but sealed, the sub battles have made this one of the most exciting seasons I can remember in recent history!

Cavaliers are in that 5 to 7 mix too.  They've been coming on strong. 

4 minutes ago, spacewill said:

8 to 11:  Blue Stars, Colts, Troopers

You left out Cavies (looks like you meant to include them in 8-11). I’m thinking Cavies will be closer to 5-7 but technically on an 8th place island. 

• Like 3

Just now, brassboy said:

You left out Cavies (looks like you meant to include them in 8-11). I’m thinking Cavies will be closer to 5-7 but technically on an 8th place island. 

Yeah, my bad.  They may be the only ones outside of BD with a locked position.  8th.  So Stars/Troopers/Colts is 9 to 11.  Appreciate that catch!

2 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

Cavaliers are in that 5 to 7 mix too.  They've been coming on strong. 

This is not insult to Cavaliers but I just can't put them in the same performance level as Phantom, Cadets, and Mandarins.  I just feel those 3 shows are a level above the Cavaliers.  But anything is possible.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, spacewill said:

This is not insult to Cavaliers but I just can't put them in the same performance level as Phantom, Cadets, and Mandarins.  I just feel those 3 shows are a level above the Cavaliers.  But anything is possible.

I would not be shocked if Cavaliers jump into the pack with Cadets, Phantom, and Mandarins. That would make it a 5-8 race. I have said a few times on this forum that I believe Cavaliers are more talented than people think. Their brass line can be mighty good if the staff can make the right adjustments to allow them to showcase their excellent articulations and blends. They just need to refine the music in a few areas so it's not full bore all the time. They have made changes to the drill that should improve things. And with the percussion section...if the guard starts getting some good scores the watch out. How high can they go? Not sure. I agree with you that they have to hope the changes and the cleaning all peak around Quarters and Semi Finals. But yes, for now I have them in 8th. 

It would be fun to see Cavaliers start firing on all cylinders and make a push in scores. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a spreadsheet I maintain for my son while he is on tour and Cadets, Mandarins, and Phantom are all within points of each other in all captions. The Cadets have the edge in Brass and Perc, right now, but have issues with Vis - especially with their Guard scores. GE seems to be closer than expected considering the Cadets are sort of lacking in big GE moments. Cannot wait until Saturday! So exciting. 

riKgDib.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, postertrout said:

This is a spreadsheet I maintain for my son while he is on tour and Cadets, Mandarins, and Phantom are all within points of each other in all captions. The Cadets have the edge in Brass and Perc, right now, but have issues with Vis - especially with their Guard scores. GE seems to be closer than expected considering the Cadets are sort of lacking in big GE moments. Cannot wait until Saturday! So exciting. 

riKgDib.png

That's awesome!  and I thought my score tracking on final scores was too much!  I love this one!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, spacewill said:

That's awesome!  and I thought my score tracking on final scores was too much!  I love this one!

Thanks, the spreadsheet has like 5 tabs of comparisons.. comparing current scores to last for all World Class Corps, a tab just comparing all of the Cadets competition results...I take it a bit overboard, but the my son and his bus look forward to the nightly updates. It is my contribution to his time on tour. 

• Like 2