An(napolis)chors Aweigh - Aug 1

Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
304 Farragut Rd
Annapolis, MD 21402

Weather Forecast

Day

82°

Sunshine and some clouds. High 82F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

Night

67°

Partly cloudy skies. Low 67F. Winds light and variable.

6:00 PM Gates Open
7:15 PM Welcome & National Anthem
7:25 PM Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ
7:42 PM Blue Knights - Denver, CO
7:59 PM Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
8:16 PM Intermission
8:46 PM Blue Devils - Concord, CA
9:03 PM The Cadets - Erie, PA
9:20 PM Encore - The Cadets - Erie, PA
9:28 PM Scores Announced
Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 5

Round Five Mandarins Vs Cadets at the Naval Academy in Primetime!

Cadets being the champions they are answered the bell last night and tied up the series 2-2.

Mandarins are proving they can punch above their weight class. 

Wish Flo was broadcasting this one.

Roll out the TNT...........BOOM!

• Like 9

This is my “home” show but unfortunately won’t be attending as I’m currently in the move in process for my new place in DC. Hope I can get back on a regular drum corps rotation next year 😞 

• Like 3

Woo woo! Looks like the recent heat and storms will be well out of the way and we'll have a great night for drum corps!  I'll try to post up pictures but dunno how much detail I can throw between shows.  I wanna sit and enjoy the shows during the performances as much as I can since this is the only live show I get this year. 

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

More local focals...I'm trying to remember how parking works for this show.  I remember last time I went to this there was some construction that made me end up having to pass the stadium two or three times to find the right spot.   Then discovered the lot gate I'd been directed to by GPS was not for parking at this event.  It made me stressy cause OMG I DON'T WANNA MISS ANYTHING.

Which gate should I shoot for parking at this one again?  

Looking forward to my first look at some corps tonight.  I saw most of the Midwest corps at Lisle, IL.  Now I get to see the best of the west and a couple east corps.  Annapolis is a nice stop.  It does feel strange not hosting a corps before this show as I have done in the past several years.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Woo woo! Looks like the recent heat and storms will be well out of the way and we'll have a great night for drum corps!  I'll try to post up pictures but dunno how much detail I can throw between shows.  I wanna sit and enjoy the shows during the performances as much as I can since this is the only live show I get this year. 

58 minutes ago, JohnDF said:

I'm excited to see if the Mandarins and Cadets can keep pace with Phantom after they put up that big score last night.

I think the more important thing is for the Mandarins to just keep pace with Cadets who I believe is in the better position for 5th than PR is. PR popped a big score, but the next best corps behind them was Spirit, so not sure I would read too much into those scores. Saturday in Allentown when Mandarins, Cadets and PR compete together for the first time since SA will be the real story.

Also, there are 5 corps... why have a 30 min intermission??? People can pee and buy souvies before and after the show. 

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1