DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

9 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Anyone else seeing fuzzy video?   Flo was good until this show.   It's almost like they have a lower bandwidth (lower resolution) feed coming out of the stadium.   Shouldn't this be the best resolution of the year?   I'll try rebooting my cable modem and see if that helps.

It's pretty bad.  Their streaming equipment and bandwidth is to blame. Especially grainy on larger screens.

• Like 1

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Understand.  Chronic pain sucks. 

It's brutal. I had to pay a lot to fly business class on my trip because economy is just torture so it can be very difficult. Even sitting on the couch all day for the show was too much so I had to start at Genesis and will go for a walk after Academy. That helps.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

It's crystal clear for me.

I’ve tested in 5g phone, wifi phone, wifi tv, wifi laptop all the showing the same strange issues once in a While like buffering and slowing down to bad quality. not the whole time.  it’s not my wifi. 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cainan said:

Too many people online tonight so I dont have time to message you both individually... I'll say this once... Vuitton and Gramps.. knock it off now or off to your respective corners you'll be going. Bicker at each other all you want in the off season and somewhere else please.

Please accept my apologies. I am going to enjoy the show with the wondferfu people on this forum. I am sorry. 

• Like 1

I love how colorful Academy's show is. This is my favorite show of theirs since the brilliant Drum Corps Bride.

• Like 3

The design of the 2023 Academy is a blessing. 
Less cartoon and more of a serious contender. I'm enjoying watching this product grow this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrearyWeary said:

It's pretty bad.  Their streaming equipment and bandwidth is to blame. Especially grainy on larger screens.

Yes,  more grainy on my big TV, better on on my PC monitor.  Both are 1080p.   Maybe I will go to a theater for the 2nd half. This is not good.

6 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

This ball makes not sense. They do nothing compelling with it whatsoever. 

There is guard equipment, like fabric, that are hidden inside the ball, which can be pulled out of the ball for equipment changes.

• Like 2