A finals question / observation

Because of logistical requirements ,corps have to perform and then leave the field in a fixed amount of time..This often truncates the amount of time the audience can fully show their appreciation...During the season prior to finals, this makes perfect sense because of the touring requirements each corps has committed to..So, my question is: At finals, are the performers allowed a few extra seconds to soak in the love they get after their final show, particularly if they've had a great run that evening that the audience rewards with thunderous applause?...Or....must they get off the field ASAP like normal ?..Presumably, the judges have finished their critiques. So would an extra 30 seconds allotted for the mm's to bask in the warmth of fan appreciation be a problem?..If it was my final performance, I think seeing the crowd going wild as I stand there soaking it all in, would be a fitting ending to my drum corps experience..If this IS allowed, then as Roseanne Roseannadonna quoted: " NEVERMIND"

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

Because of logistical requirements ,corps have to perform and then leave the field in a fixed amount of time..This often truncates the amount of time the audience can fully show their appreciation...During the season prior to finals, this makes perfect sense because of the touring requirements each corps has committed to..So, my question is: At finals, are the performers allowed a few extra seconds to soak in the love they get after their final show, particularly if they've had a great run that evening that the audience rewards with thunderous applause?...Or....must they get off the field ASAP like normal ?..Presumably, the judges have finished their critiques. So would an extra 30 seconds allotted for the mm's to bask in the warmth of fan appreciation be a problem?..If it was my final performance, I think seeing the crowd going wild as I stand there soaking it all in, would be a fitting ending to my drum corps experience..If this IS allowed, then as Roseanne Roseannadonna quoted: " NEVERMIND"

They have to try and keep the show on time. After they are done the members have far more to think about then crowd appreciation. They have to get an entire field cleared, and they want to get into the stands to see the corps who perform after them as well. Plus you're tired and you want a break. 

19 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

that's what finals retreat is for

• Like 2

I request the MODS  remove this topic..and I know what retreat is for..peace

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, waliman4444 said:

Ha...today's audience is looking on their phone. Corp finishes...applauded......NEXT!!!!,,,,all while on their phones. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

that's what finals retreat is for

Side question - are there no retreats for prelims/semis? Surprisingly haven't been to either, after all these years. 

2 hours ago, 1992AllOverAgain said:

Side question - are there no retreats for prelims/semis? Surprisingly haven't been to either, after all these years. 

nope,  just march off,  scores are announced sometime after you perform.  used to be about 2 corps later,  now they kinda do them in blocks of scores.

• Thanks 1