A true international competition

Ok….as much as I love the USA DCI competition. I’ve spent a couple of years watching the Japanese and other Asian band groups, both indoor and outdoor marching band and dc groups that could be involved in the arena.  And I have to wonder… if DCI is truly an international arena, where would these groups place. They are incredible!! Although they are hard to find online, it’s no doubt when you do find them online to watch, you will agree that they are incredible. I hope it’s only a matter of time that they join the international competition . DCI means international, so when will it be truly international…

3 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

When corps start coming over for finals. 

How about moving DCI to Asia or Europe for one year and see how many US corps attend LOL!

1 hour ago, DCI-86 said:

How about moving DCI to Asia or Europe for one year and see how many US corps attend LOL!

ZERO considering that airfare alone would approach $250k.

I think most top corps in Japan are all-age now, and quite a few members from these corps have come over to the US to march drum corps. But it's funny you bring this up now because Funliner reviewed a Soka Renaissance Vanguard performance from 2017. They are actually a drum and bugle corps (not a marching band), considered the best in Japan and actually staff many people from BD. They are all-age but this show would easily make a run at finals. 

Edited by CAtenhut

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Les Stentors would like to have a word with you.  

People often forget Canada is international.  It's like an airport that has one flight weekly to Montreal, and markets itself as an International Airport.