DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

Bravo/Bravi Troopers.

Edited by Sutasaurus

7 minutes ago, lawdn said:

I respect where you are coming from and it would be fun to debate that over adult beverages but the performance levels are so much higher now visually. 2013 or 2015 BD or Crown guard might not be top 10 day. And brass choreo has really evolved. 

Yes, but it goes both ways. It's like shows today couldn't compete with 1991 Star because the judging was different back then, and what was rewarded back then was different. Really can't compare different eras because they were doing different things. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vuitton said:

No, people think I'm him. Someone messaged me telling me about this. I wish I was him. I'd gladly be a DCP outcast to be him.

I believe in name only but not THEE actual poppcock himself

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Yes, but it goes both ways. It's like shows today couldn't compete with 1991 Star because the judging was different back then, and what was rewarded back then was different. Really can't compare different eras because they were doing different things. 

Shows are designed to score well within the judging system in place.  If 2023 BD design staff designed a show with 1976 rules it would look a lot like the 1976 Blue Devils. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I also think 2013 and 2015 top 4 had weaknesses in their own time that we don't have in 2023. Don't get me wrong - fantastic top 4s and I am a fan of anyone who gets the genius of Re-Rite of Spring.