2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Just now, Onionhead2 said:

That’s too funny

But I am dreading withdrawals 

Percussion comes out to midfield and throws down in between baritone soloing.

Mellophones now sitting and posing on the black tubes while they play the melody.

I feel a little sad that not watching PC right now.   One month ago , PC was 2 points above BK in Denver.  Give credit to the BK staff and kids for the amount of cleaning they accomplished.

• Like 1

Oh gosh.  Their brass is here to say things tonight!   

• Like 1

Huge sound from the mellos on a unison note, crescendoing into the first full brass impact of the show.

Guard on purple and white flags, they look almost like American flags, though not quite the same, of course.

Here comes the Green Fairy as she slides down the spoon.

Tenors, then basses, then snares performing while marching around in pods before they come together to finish their feature.

Baritone now showing their stuff on side one, flanking the spoon slide on the 30 yard line. The Green Fairy is now “pulling” the rest of the horns across the field, I guess tempting them with her absynthian ways.

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I am torn. Part of me wants BD to finish first in brass so I can watch grown adults freak out over a show performed by kids............another part of me wants BD 2nd or worse in brass so we can shut down the narrative that yet another judge always puts BD first in their caption.

Chief, I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I don't think Hoskins has ever had Crown over BD -- not once at any show anywhere.  I wasn't aware until some FMM's reached out to me to let me know about the streak.   He's actually from the Atlanta area.  But this is coming from people who taught for him at his program,  heard the whole nine yards in person.  Otherwise I wouldn't mention it.  Also it won't be giant spread -- in fact it will probably be very small.  Don't know the reasoning behind it but he really really doesn't like Crown at all.  Ever.   No matter what. 

Maybe he'll see this thread and have Crown up just to break the streak.  :bluedevil:

• Like 1

Tubas now in the green absinthe outfits, along with about half the guard.

Huge brass impact! Crowd definitely approves.

Great visual work with sections of green (flags) and goth (horns) intermingling.