Flo Marching - How to get the best resolution

Hello,

I'm new to flo marching.  I've been streaming flo marching from my pc to a large screen tv in an elderly community (amazing how many in this generation with connections to drum corp).  The resolution is not good.  Already challenging for this age group many with vision problems.  Is there a better way to stream it to get better resolution on the large screen tv?  I am streaming from a smart tv.  Should I get a Roku stick?  

Thank you!

I've always had pretty good results using a Fire Stick. I assume Roku would be similar. 

13 minutes ago, kevinisenberg said:

Yes - I absolutely recommend the Roku.  Have been running Flo and Box 5 on our Roku for years with NO issues, even when others report poor resolution. 

Thank you.  Can you please explain how to use and connect with the Roku for a tech challenged person.  

3 hours ago, Kristen C said:

Thank you.  Can you please explain how to use and connect with the Roku for a tech challenged person.  

I just set up my Roku tv this summer. It was fairly easy to set up a Roku account.  It's prompts you to add the 'paid level' of service but you may not need it.  There's a bunch of free content & I stream my Spectrum tv thru their app on Roku.  

You'll have to reach the apps such as 'FloSports' to add them.  When you select their app, you'll be prompted to enter your user name/password.  Some apps such as espn, max, etc, require a verification code that you input on their website via laptop or phone.  

Headed to Lucas Oil. Thank you for serving our elderly community & good luck!   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

I've noticed that the website allows you to specify your resolution (defaults to auto) whereas the app doesn't. If possible, I'd suggest putting on a laptop/desktop and then mira-casting with 1080p selected.

On 8/12/2023 at 7:37 AM, Kristen C said:

Hello,

I'm new to flo marching.  I've been streaming flo marching from my pc to a large screen tv in an elderly community (amazing how many in this generation with connections to drum corp).  The resolution is not good.  Already challenging for this age group many with vision problems.  Is there a better way to stream it to get better resolution on the large screen tv?  I am streaming from a smart tv.  Should I get a Roku stick?  

Thank you!

I'm wondering how the folks liked the shows and which ones they liked best?