The Staff Merry-go-round

A question for anyone in the know.

how long is Santa Clara’s staff on hold for? I thought I heard that they were paid for 2023. Do they become freelance? The decision has to be soon regarding 2024. auditions start in two months.

And if so, does a certain brass arranger and certain brass caption manager go to a certain corps that just so happens to be rumored of needing both. Hmmm…..I could think of worse things lol. 

Edited by GREENBLUE

4 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

A question for anyone in the know.

how long is Santa Clara’s staff on hold for? I thought I heard that they were paid for 2023. Do they become freelance? The decision has to be soon regarding 2024 right?

And if so, does a certain brass arranger and certain brass caption manager go to a certain corps that just so happens to be rumored of needing both. Hmmm…..I could think of worse things lol. 

What corps?

13 minutes ago, tommynev said:

What corps?

Rumors on this board that Saucedo not returning ( just brought in for Anniversary season) and now Tye as well. Cavaliers then needing an arranger and brass caption manager. 

Edited by GREENBLUE

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

Rumors on this page that Saucedo not returning and now Tye as well. Leaving the Cavaliers needing an arranger and brass caption manager. 

Ok, weird. Haven't heard anything about it on the alumni page, just here.

1 minute ago, tommynev said:

Ok, weird. Haven't heard anything about it on the alumni page, just here.

That’s why I was asking for confirmation. Hadn’t heard anything as well. 

34 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Was asking because Keith is still on Cavaliers Website as well as listed in his social media. So question is regards to where did fighterkit get their intel other then just posting it on DCP?

Heard from someone I trust with these sorta things. Wont be naming names. If I was misled Im willing to take the blame publicly

7 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Heard from someone I trust with these sorta things. Wont be naming names. If I was misled Im willing to take the blame publicly

No problemo. Totally understand how things work. Like I had mentioned a few posts back maybe they have an arranger and brass caption manager team in mind already?

6 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

No problemo. Totally understand how things work. Like I had mentioned a few posts back maybe they have an arranger and brass caption manager team in mind already?

They certainly have the pull they need to get it. TBH I don't think Keith's sound really matched Cavaliers so maybe this was a mutual parting. 
I know that happened a few years back with BAC. They had Cavaliers brass staff and they did not match what the corps wanted and so a mutual decision to part ways happened. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

They let a good duo go after 2022...

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

They let a good duo go after 2022...

Do you know the inside scoop of the “letting go”? Because I do. I’m guessing you don’t based on how matter of fact your statement is without support and if you did know you wouldn’t have commented.

Edited by GREENBLUE