DCI Stock Market 2024

BBB is now purchased by overstock.com which renamed itself Bed Bath and Beyond. They're an online only store now so who knows.

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

BBB is now purchased by overstock.com which renamed itself Bed Bath and Beyond. They're an online only store now so who knows.

No, that's BD's newest Open Class corps, Blue Bevils B

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm selling Phantom stock: I bought a bunch last year. 

Buying Bluecoats stock. Buying Cadets stock. Selling Mandarins stock. Holding PC stock. 

HOLD:  =====

Blue Devils.   A Blue Chip stock, as it were.  After being on top for so long it has nowhere to go but down but no matter the placement it's value is still there and the future looks bright.

Carolina Crown:  Quality everywhere.  It won't take much for their show to fight for the top spot, all of the pieces are in place thanks to top notch management.

Cadets:  Great 5th place finish in 2023 except if the Vanguard had marched this year and achieved the same score from 2022 then Cadets would have finished...6th, same as last year.  Mid pack is the prediction for next year, the same as the last two years.

BUY:  +++++

Mandarins were undervalued this season.  I see their stock rising.  (hey, I think I found their show theme for next year!)

SELL:  -----

Blue Stars - Top quality talent with questionable leadership.  Whoever on the show design team that thought a alcohol/hallucinogen based show theme for an under-21 age drum corps was appropriate needs to go find an over-21 senior drum corps to work for.  I'm not waiting around for next year's meth based show to figure out this ship ain't sailing.  They will continue to sink until quality control change is made at the top.  Better choices must be made.

Santa Clara Vanguard - I had a large of amount of SCV blue chip stock from the past 5 years and their valuation went from ten billion to zero almost overnight.  This actually happened with a real medical devices company the last few years BTW.  Vanguard did not do the Bud Light drop through woke marketing and therefore I feel they may reorganize and rise again under a new label.  Until then the old brand is dead and time moves on.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, valjean said:

I'm selling Phantom stock: I bought a bunch last year. 

Buying Bluecoats stock. Buying Cadets stock. Selling Mandarins stock. Holding PC stock. 

Something tells me you're going to regret letting go of Mandarins this early

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Something tells me you're going to regret letting go of Mandarins this early

To be clear I'm not expecting a precipitous dropoff, but a slow regression

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, valjean said:

To be clear I'm not expecting a precipitous dropoff, but a slow regression

Based off what I know, I respectfully disagree. 

But I respect your opinion. 

2024 can't get here fast enough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Based off what I know, I respectfully disagree. 

But I respect your opinion. 

2024 can't get here fast enough. 

I have no doubt they will field a great corps, it's their competition I worry about. I feel a lot of growth coming from the midwest. But I never was one to play the stock market 😅

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, valjean said:

I have no doubt they will field a great corps, it's their competition I worry about. I feel a lot of growth coming from the midwest. But I never was one to play the stock market 😅

Midwest has some straight up bangers! No doubt about that!

But I am telling you, Mandarins are building something big out west. Sinnerman was only the beginning. 

They got a top five color guard, and the whole corps got a small taste of what it's like to compete for top five. They want the full course meal now. 

Sinnerman was a smash hit. I can't wait to see the audition numbers in a few months. 

• Like 4