We’ve Gone Theatrical… Let’s go more.

7 hours ago, ykw said:

Question -- was King Arthur supposed to be part of the guard?   I didn't think I ever saw him ever spin a rifle or a flag.   

All he ever did was "emote"

He did rifle and flag

Years ago, I wanted Cadets to stage Sondheim's "Company." I thought the corps' New York vibe (often) would work. Well that, and April's spectacular guards.

No corps is going to stage a complete show, at least in its original form. Crown's "Echoes of Camelot" could have used a power-chord dose of "If Ever I Would Leave You" from the musical "Camelot."

So what I would love to experience: the Blue Devils' take on anything Sondheim, their way. Sure, one tune, or musical references from the origin material would be great, but it's how their designers conceive ways to relay theme or story through multiple musical styles that elevates every production!

Full-on theater? Sure. The drum corps way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David Hill said:

Years ago, I wanted Cadets to stage Sondheim's "Company." I thought the corps' New York vibe (often) would work. Well that, and April's spectacular guards.

No corps is going to stage a complete show, at least in its original form. Crown's "Echoes of Camelot" could have used a power-chord dose of "If Ever I Would Leave You" from the musical "Camelot."

So what I would love to experience: the Blue Devils' take on anything Sondheim, their way. Sure, one tune, or musical references from the origin material would be great, but it's how their designers conceive ways to relay theme or story through multiple musical styles that elevates every production!

Full-on theater? Sure. The drum corps way.

I finally figured out when the Milestone capsule on Colts mentioned their Sunday in the Park with George show that 'Dreams and Nighthawks' and 'The Cut-outs' are versions of 'Sunday in the Park with George,' for Night Hawks and The Snail respectively.

27 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

I finally figured out when the Milestone capsule on Colts mentioned their Sunday in the Park with George show that 'Dreams and Nighthawks' and 'The Cut-outs' are versions of 'Sunday in the Park with George,' for Night Hawks and The Snail respectively.

Yup.

Also Sunday in the Park with George needs a revisit.