Aged Like Fine Wine- DCI Edition

Have you ever made an out-there prediction, joke or offhand comment about drum corps and it turned out to be true later on? I recently got a reaction notification for this post I made from August 28, 2022...

"I have a feeling Top 5 is gonna change dramatically. Should corps like Crown and Boston keep their staff, it's safe to say they'll perform well next year. Also seems to be an upward trend for Mandarins too."

There's also 0:09 from this dumb video I made last year😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Have you ever made an out-there prediction, joke or offhand comment about drum corps and it turned out to be true later on? I recently got a reaction notification for this post I made from August 28, 2022...

"I have a feeling Top 5 is gonna change dramatically. Should corps like Crown and Boston keep their staff, it's safe to say they'll perform well next year. Also seems to be an upward trend for Mandarins too."

There's also 0:09 from this dumb video I made last year😳

You called the Mandarins 👏, but I wouldn't say the top 5 "dramatically" changed from 2022 to 2023 since BD and Bloo stayed 1-2.

Btw, my top 7 pre-season prediction was BD, Bloo, Crown, Cadets, Boston, PR and Mandarins. I didn't do too bad either. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Mine is a good one.

Early July 2014.......Ft Wayne show. The first epic showdown of Felliniesque vs Tilt. Maybe one of the most anticipated head-to-head matchups in recent memory. 

Bloo was on fire on that night. They absolutely threw down and you can tell they meant business. They had an electric run.

BD on the other hand, had what would end up being their worst run of the year. They seemed tired, complacent, not interested, and just going thru the motions. 

BD ended up winning by a full point that night over Bloo. 

What that told me was there was really no competition for first. If you can't beat BD on their worst night, then you most likely aren't beating them at all, as they probably wouldn't have a run like that the rest of the season. Felliniesque was just that far ahead of everyone else.

So a couple days after that show, I posted a comment basically saying that Tilt would not get within a point of Felliniesque the rest of the season. I got absolutely blasted on this forum. I mean people brought out the pitchforks and lanterns etc.

I had quite a few people message me, I was called all sorts of names. And of course, back in the thread I made that comment, it opened the flood gates for those people and the ABBD crowd to take shots at BD and the fanbase. I was public enemy number one on DCP. 

Well in the end, I ended up being right. Tilt never got within a point of Fellini the rest of the season. And my comment aged like "Fine Wine"

Because of some of the horrible names I was called, I was head hunting after finals, and I went directly after those people to see what they had to say now. 

Quite a few people apologized, gave me my flowers and big-time props for having the stones to make a prediction like that one month out from finals, especially with BD being the most hated corps on this forum. Others never responded; gee I wonder why lol. 

And some of those people who verbally attacked me, are still posting here to this day. But it's water under the bridge and all good. No hard feelings moving forward.

And this is why Chief is a legend and we must protect him at all costs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

And this is why Chief is a legend and we must protect him at all costs.

No … not legend … national treasure! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heh, I was at that Ft. Wayne show.  It was my 'back to following DCI' moment.  And yeah, I was sitting next to a BD volunteer who was, after BD's run, "If it's gonna happen this is the night."  [meaning someone getting around BD].

I later realized that the corps chasing BD for most of the season was actually the Cadets.  But that Ft Wayne show was where Bloo showed they could light up their show and challenge for silver.   And so they did on finals night. 

• Like 4

What is ABBD? Adults Bashing Blue Devils?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

What is ABBD? Adults Bashing Blue Devils?

Anyone But Blue Devils.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Anyone But Blue Devils.

Sooo... Blue Devils B is okay with this crowd?