New G7 Video

I didn’t know the white whale was anti-bd. Can you explain? Just curious

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Personally I saw it as a tale about how the white whale is the competitive nature of the activity. How chasing a better placement or competitive ranking can cause you to lose yourself in the process. I'm sure we can think of examples where in order to move up higher in placements corps decided to change their identity and lost part of themselves. Or corps that have decided to stay true and not stayed competitive. Never really saw it as anti-BD   

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I mean purely speculative. But the whole Ahab (Boston) going for the white whale (First place at finals/ taking on BD). That first place trophy being that feat they are trying to reach. They killed the white whale every night until finals where they allowed the white whale to win (BD winning again). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Personally I saw it as a tale about how the white whale is the competitive nature of the activity. How chasing a better placement or competitive ranking can cause you to lose yourself in the process. I'm sure we can think of examples where in order to move up higher in placements corps decided to change their identity and lost part of themselves. Or corps that have decided to stay true and not stayed competitive. Never really saw it as anti-BD   

Not necessarily "anti-BD" but that the white whale wins again. 

1 minute ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Not necessarily "anti-BD" but that the white whale wins again. 

I mean that is the way that the book ends. What better way to garner excitement finals night than to throw in a major change like that. Especially since it only involves two performers and not anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I mean that is the way that the book ends. What better way to garner excitement finals night than to throw in a major change like that. Especially since it only involves two performers and not anyone else. 

I'm aware that's how the book ends. I'm just saying it also conveniently fits the competitive story as well. 

14 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I mean purely speculative. But the whole Ahab (Boston) going for the white whale (First place at finals/ taking on BD). That first place trophy being that feat they are trying to reach. They killed the white whale every night until finals where they allowed the white whale to win (BD winning again). 

Got it. 

Lol at the "GH" appearing on the video during the wicked games clip where they throw the one lady into the fire. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Huh … I never thought of the analogy of the show as Boston vs. BD. It makes sense, though.

• Like 1