New G7 Video

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

You have the sequence of events shuffled.

The 2004 TOC was merely an idea to give the west coast a chance to see drum corps in late season for once, and IIRC part of the vetting process for the brewing campaign to bring championship week to California in 2007.  The G7 came later (2010).  The subsequent TOC series starting in 2011 was designed to placate the G7 (who were still threatening to break away from DCI).

this is correct. and later in 2010...or it was 2011...there subsequent attempts to try and push some G7 agenda through, but again it was blocked.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so being the guy that got the G7 docs from the room in Indy and helping to share it to the world, the video kinda condenses and skips things that would actually be more historically accurate. DCI didn't allow. the other 15 corps fought back. so while the TOC concept continued on, many of the rules proposals included never saw the light of day. Plus the original idea was...uh....extremely amended by that one person that the other 6 didn't even know about until the presentation started. But them they were trapped and locked in.

and funny how in 2010 this all happened, and it took 4 years for the show taking shots at DCI actually hit the field.

and looking at the field today, funny who was for it and wasn't and where they are in the pecking order now

Hey Jeff, do you know where I could find the G7 presentation?

4 hours ago, Daave said:

Wasn't it the 2012 Jannuals that they tried again?  The one where the Troopers BoD wrote the open letter calling it out?

might have been. so long ago now and i don't have the time to dig through the DCP archives

4 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Hey Jeff, do you know where I could find the G7 presentation?

DM your email. i can forward it

On 8/29/2023 at 11:27 AM, cixelsyd said:

You have the sequence of events shuffled.

The 2004 TOC was merely an idea to give the west coast a chance to see drum corps in late season for once, and IIRC part of the vetting process for the brewing campaign to bring championship week to California in 2007.  The G7 came later (2010).  The subsequent TOC series starting in 2011 was designed to placate the G7 (who were still threatening to break away from DCI).

Thanks. I knew I had some of that timeline wrong. 

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Thanks. I knew I had some of that timeline wrong. 

it's amazing how many of us can't remember what we had for lunch today but can remember drum corps stuff from a decade or more ago!

• Like 4

On 8/29/2023 at 3:43 PM, Jeff Ream said:

might have been. so long ago now and i don't have the time to dig through the DCP archives

Found it... it was 2013.  Richard Cranium wrote another manifesto changing from G7 to The7  (page 1)  Troopers board response (page 88)

https://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/155069-g7-update/#comments

• Haha 1