CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

4 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

understand why people are mad and frustrated. Especially in private pages

I’m not able to stop anybody from saying anything including other alumni who are free to provide clarifications where they wish. I absolutely understand anger and frustration. 

Edited by DSpruce
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

They are down three board members since September 2022, the board is getting smaller. 

I get that, but they don’t really focus on those announcements on the website/social media. The focus is around CEO/corps director/staff for announcements. 

• Haha 1

This is feeling like the end for SCV. Delinquency notice followed by assurances that the paperwork was tidied up and everything is under control. And then the second notice.  Can’t field a corps in 2023. No CEO. Treasurer quits. Board meeting cancelled. 

And we are to believe each of these examples is just a series of “one offs” with easy explanations. 

So sad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richard Lesher said:

The Santa Clara Vanguard management deleted my posting the DOJ letter on the SCV controlled Alumni Facebook page. 

I come to DCP as an effort to get my message to Drum Corps stakeholders. I understand this is not the SCV venue for the totality of my message, but SCV Management is actively censoring public information through media venues they control. 

gotcha. just wanted clarification

58 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Any snark is warranted at this point. This has gone on for way too long. VMAPA either needs to get their **** together or bow out gracefully...or as graceful as is allowed at this point. 

yeah. board members leaving....how many CEO's in how many years? alumni tribalism?

the whole thing needs overhauled. they need to greatly expand the board and not settle for yes people that may just happen to be alumni. right now fixing the #### storm that had gotten them to this point is FAR more important than rushing back out and trying to win.

again...look down the road at BD....or Boston or Crown...the models of governance in DCI. Bloo too. ask for help don't try and insulate yourselves. pride kills.

But sadly too much focus on rushing back out. SCV's legacy means when they CAN come back out, people will be there. But at this rate IF they can come back out is a huge question

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Are the alum supposed to allow the alumni page to be all sunshine and rainbows?

right now VMAPA ####ed up. They did not tour for 23 and looks like they won’t for 24. I think some amount of snark and frustration is ok and honestly expected. 
I know you keep coming in here as the mouthpiece for VMAPA and the alumni association but you have to understand why people are mad and frustrated. Especially in private pages

another example to learn from with Cadets who had the safety and the financial issues. YEA suppressed criticism and some in high places mocked it publicly. that changed. Sure they don't take every suggestion or cave to demands of some alumni groups but i'd say relations there came along way since 2018...even with the move to Erie

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Folks are not realizing, there is no 3rd warning from the DOJ.

sorry not all of us are experts in CA non profit law

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah. board members leaving....how many CEO's in how many years? alumni tribalism?

the whole thing needs overhauled. they need to greatly expand the board and not settle for yes people that may just happen to be alumni. right now fixing the #### storm that had gotten them to this point is FAR more important than rushing back out and trying to win.

again...look down the road at BD....or Boston or Crown...the models of governance in DCI. Bloo too. ask for help don't try and insulate yourselves. pride kills.

But sadly too much focus on rushing back out. SCV's legacy means when they CAN come back out, people will be there. But at this rate IF they can come back out is a huge question

At this point it really is IF they can come back out, and honestly with each announcement from VMAPA more issues follow quickly behind from the state. I don't foresee a future where SCV fields in 2024, or possibly even 2025. There isn't a quick fix band-aid they can put on this situation. They're well past up to their knees in this, and no matter how much sunshine and rainbows they blow it doesn't patch the holes in the ship. It looks to me like board members are jumping ship, and VMAPA doesn't have the money to hire replacements. 

I'm usually not one for doom and gloom, but the only thing above the water right now is their heads, and the water is flooding in quickly.

Edited by Grandpa Joe