CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

3 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

have not been informed.

Was told that the following message was provided: “Thanks for posting this Richard, though it goes against our guideline to Maintain a Productive Mindset. Please feel free to rephrase and repost so that this is a productive conversation. Thanks.” If that did not happen there was a mistake and I was misinformed.

8 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

not buying it. I don't think many others are either. 

I have personally flagged all such to admins (well before this current exchange), do not know decision process after that. 

Edited by DSpruce
Meaning flagged to admins inappropriate comments directed at you

1 minute ago, DSpruce said:

“Thanks for posting this Richard, though it goes against our guideline to Maintain a Productive Mindset. Please feel free to rephrase and repost so that this is a productive conversation. Thanks.” 

I wish I'd added that rule to DCP's Community Guidelines at the beginning...

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OP and others who know the rules better than I please chime in & correct any errors or misstatements I have made.  

The letter in question for this thread is the second warning to SCV they are out of compliance with audit requirements as a Charity and Non Profit. 

The concern regarding the Bingo Operations falls on a different CA state law that no Bingo derived revenue can be used to pay for anyone to Operate Bingo (there is an exception that security guards can be paid with bingo money). 

What SCV could do in the past was use the funds from Member Tour Fees to pay bingo staff. This was more that sufficient. 

Additionally, all other donations derived outside of Bingo could also be used. Now........... historically, in a very good year all other donations might be able to barely squeak by and be enough to pay Bingo Staff. So an argument can be made however thin that without touring corps that SCV can still make these payments because we do not have visibility to current finances. 

The complicating scenario is that while Delinquent as communicated by the CA Dept of Justice not once, but twice, and less than a week ago is that SCV is prohibited from soliciting Donations. 

So now the other primary pool of funding that could be used to pay Bingo Staff is also unavailable.  There are no legal revenue streams going into SCV that isn't Bingo, or say Royalties and Sales of merch. Those numbers are not going to be remotely close to the $500K needed to fund Bingo Salaries. 

I also suspect, that in the next several years to come, when the 2023 990 is posted all the math will show everything I am saying on a single 990 report without any speculation. The Bingo manager gets $100K+, and I suspect that all non bingo revenue from SCV for 2023 is less than that number regardless of even having to estimate the floor staff of Bingo which is going to be hidden in the total payroll expense line. The Bingo manager's salary is individually disclosed on the 990. 

Yet again asking, where is the information that the board treasurer resigned? I have not seen that, and can’t find it anywhere. Can you please share a link/screenshot/other information? I’m trying to stay informed on the subject.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr_Moto said:

Yet again asking, where is the information that the board treasurer resigned? I have not seen that, and can’t find it anywhere. Can you please share a link/screenshot/other information? I’m trying to stay informed on the subject.

I am actually blocked from his profile on LinkedIn. 

He has apparently updated his Profile to indicate that AUG-2023 is his end date with SCV. 

Oh........... awesome.................. he has also been removed from the Board of Directors on SCV's own webpage. 

https://www.scvanguard.org/board-of-directors/

His name is Chris Anderson. He is no longer on the above link. 

6 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

I am actually blocked from his profile on LinkedIn. 

He has apparently updated his Profile to indicate that AUG-2023 is his end date with SCV. 

Oh........... awesome.................. he has also been removed from the Board of Directors on SCV's own webpage. 

https://www.scvanguard.org/board-of-directors/

His name is Chris Anderson. He is no longer on the above link. 

That is recent - earlier this am he was still on linked page.  

Edit - there is a Treasurer & a Chief Financial Officer listed; idk how these positions fit into the money management system at SCV. But Mr Anderson is no longer on page.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Further pontificating