Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

ETA - Curiosity question- How did it come to pass that the guy in charge of bingo lives in Hawaii?   As I have said before, w/ RL providing much backup, I would think that bingo is something that requires pretty close supervision.  Especially when it seems to be what is powering the whole machine. 

This has been a question of mine since it was disclosed on this forum. How on earth can you run this type of operation remotely from the 50th state of the USA? @Richard Lesher Surely they would have to make periodic trips to the bingo operation facility & some of the board meetings? (Are the board meetings in person or are they performed virtually?) 🤷‍♂️     

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

I should try to dig up my post from a decade ago addressing that exact topic with my local corps lol. Hint - my location rhymes with Milwaukee

I would be curious to read it.

Also, an honest, open discussion within this organization needs to happen regarding BoD term limits. One director has been there for 17 years total, with their latest term exceeding the best practice of 3 2-year stints. If the nose for term limits isn't even developed here, that could be yet another flag to watch.

Term limits exist across professional fields for good reason.

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

ETA - Curiosity question- How did it come to pass that the guy in charge of bingo lives in Hawaii?   As I have said before, w/ RL providing much backup, I would think that bingo is something that requires pretty close supervision.  Especially when it seems to be what is powering the whole machine. 

I noticed the bingo manager's wife is among the board members of SCV's past. 

What happened was they hired someone to replace the retiring Bingo manager, then he quit too not soon after. 

Then they were uh oh, what do we do............ So they ended up getting the husband of a board member to step in. 

He eventually retired from real employment and moved to Hawaii. SCV never bothered to replace him, so since everyone is working remotely why can't he. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

I noticed the bingo manager's wife is among the board members of SCV's past. 

What happened was they hired someone to replace the retiring Bingo manager, then he quit too not soon after. 

Then they were uh oh, what do we do............ So they ended up getting the husband of a board member to step in. 

I'd also like to see the board's anti-nepotism and conflict of interest policies.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Virtual, I don't think anyone with any real power is stepping up and taking responsibility of executing action that needs to be done. 

Virtual. Still. 
Sooo many red flags. Almost everywhere you look in this organization.