a potential problem for stadiums everywhere....

45 minutes ago, TOC said:

😂 My takeaway for the exam at the end of video:

1) The documentary was narrated by Al Chez. (I'm not wrong.) 

2) The strips that protects the rails are called "rubbers". (I've been around a lot of middle schoolers in my life.)

3) The fields in Europe are called the "pitch" from cricket & soccer. (Never knew this; life -long learner. Thx google)

Great video - thanks!

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

6 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

3) The fields in Europe are called the "pitch" from cricket & soccer. (never knew this; life -long learner)  

On Premier League broadcasts for the USA market the commentators seldom refer to the field as a pitch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TOC said:

On Premier League broadcasts for the USA market the commentators seldom refer to the field as a pitch.

I had to google. Seldom watch soccer & I've never watched cricket.  More of a baseball (football), hot dogs, apple pie, & Chevrolet kind of guy.  Well, more Toyota & burgers... 😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

On 9/14/2023 at 9:30 PM, Orwellian Wiress said:

Yet another instance of football players ruining marching band for everyone

Then there's the Alabama police apparently...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/18/us/alabama-band-director-tased-arrested/index.html

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

"One Band, One Sound"!

I've got a college drumline buddy who has a friend on the B'ham PD department. He said the school system has a policy to turn off the stadium lights asap to prevent any nefarious activity.  He should have complied but I also think this was mishandled by the officer.  It is a tradition at most ball games for the bands to play for each other at the end of the games. They also perform for their fans, parents, & other family members. Just a sad situation.   

P.S. The band director was also the bus driver for his students. 😳    

Tasing him in front of his students seems wildly out of order. 

It’s a band song. Wait until they finish the song then they could have arrested him in an orderly way most likely.   

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Tasing him in front of his students seems wildly out of order. 

It’s a band song. Wait until they finish the song then they could have arrested him in an orderly way most likely.   

Yes; should have used a de-escalation method first.  Plus, it doesn't really make sense to me to shut down the stadium lights as a deterrent to crime.  (Unless it's just a method to get everyone out of the venue.)  Seems like they created an act that they're trying to avoid. 🤷‍♂️     

On 9/14/2023 at 10:02 AM, DWW11 said:

As a BD supporter (i stop short of “honk”), i would have no problems if they put restrictions on, or banned, props.  As long as everyone plays by the same rules, fair is fair.  

Nighthawks wouldn't have been the same without the diner tableau at the end. 

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Nighthawks wouldn't have been the same without the diner tableau at the end. 

I absolutely agree!  Given the choice, i love props.  BD props are always a huge addition to their stories.  I just meant that i could live without them, If they outlaw them.