a potential problem for stadiums everywhere....

23 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

MLS Owners want their clubs playing on natural grass, it attracts top talent to play for that club. With Messi playing MLS, hes starting to attract players to finish their careers in the US and most do not want to play on artificial turf, additionally FIFA will not play on artificial turf so thats fat revenue they could miss out on. 

If Field Turf's "core" turf  lives up to its advertising  and if the checks are big enough,

soccer players may change their minds.

Same with FIFA, given the concessions they made for the last World Cup, they also seem open to anything, if the price is right.

2 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

MLS Owners want their clubs playing on natural grass, it attracts top talent to play for that club. With Messi playing MLS, hes starting to attract players to finish their careers in the US and most do not want to play on artificial turf, additionally FIFA will not play on artificial turf so thats fat revenue they could miss out on. 

Fair enough , I honestly really don’t know that much about pro soccer . I just assumed pro soccer players would prefer to play on artificial turf not the unpredictability of the grass at various stadiums . But it seems I am mistaken .

15 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Fair enough , I honestly really don’t know that much about pro soccer . I just assumed pro soccer players would prefer to play on artificial turf not the unpredictability of the grass at various stadiums . But it seems I am mistaken .

You should start watching the Premier League matches.  The new Tottenham stadium was designed for use by the NFL as well as the hometown Spurs.   You know, the team that Harry Kane left for the Bundesliga team Bayern Munich. 

9 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

it wouldn't affect the use of props, but it would stop the use of tarps, as they actually could damage a grass field

Actually this is why the Chester show ended. Damage by large props on wet fields 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 5:00 PM, Jeff Ream said:

so apparently the NFL players union wants all fields to go to grass....which would in turn bleed down to every level at some point.

#### I can’t get the article link to paste

I would imagine this is a wish list item that will easily be tossed aside in the collective bargaining process. 

7 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

1) NFLPA's CBA does not expire until 2030, i doubt the request for natural grass fields will be added to the CBA until then. 

2) The remaining artificial turf stadiums could go with what the Santiago Bernabeu (CF Real Madrid) has done with their pitch, and it's pretty #### cool:

https://youtu.be/xZZs6BxLYHM?si=W9sp4chi5-fOuw87

Wow; the world spends a lot of money on sports. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yet another instance of football players ruining marching band for everyone

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Yet another instance of football players ruining marching band for everyone

Ehhhhh. I can see where you're coming from there, but I think there are some tradeoffs that you can go either way with. 

Having marched on both, my biggest fear on artificial turf, was always a twist turning into a tear. Yes it's more durable, more even on the feet and you can roll massive props on it. And rolling an equipment cart on a bad grass surface is painful. That's why I always hated it for the cats in FE. 

That being said, unless you've tripped on a sprinkler head on grass (especially wearing 22lbs of tubs,) you probably haven't had that slow motion moment locked into your brain pan all season. I'm sure the brass and guard also share this pain. Contra + ground + face = NOPE!

Some would also probably argue that as props go bigger and higher, there's more concern on member safety, cost, bigger props equalling GE etc. And they have point. Maybe the next reinvention of marching arts is less props and even more creative drill design. And please don't think I hate props. I hate pointless props that do nothing to add to the presentation, but that's an opinion shared by many. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2