Blue Stars Celebrate 60 Years in 2024

What a ride it has been! Throughout the challenges and triumphs of our history, the Blue Stars have continued to thrive and prevail. And now we are excited and proud to march into the 2024 season celebrating our 60th anniversary. Among the highlights of our unique history we will celebrate: Our humble beginnings in 1964 […]

View the full article

On 9/21/2023 at 5:32 PM, DCP NewsFeed said:

What a ride it has been! Throughout the challenges and triumphs of our history, the Blue Stars have continued to thrive and prevail. And now we are excited and proud to march into the 2024 season celebrating our 60th anniversary. Among the highlights of our unique history we will celebrate: Our humble beginnings in 1964 […]

View the full article

Very cool!    I know this will never happen, but how about if they  re-do the show that won them a championship when they were division three ?  😁

If there were a DCI Perseverance Award, the Blue Stars would take it in a heartbeat. A truly amazing history.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Very cool!    I know this will never happen, but how about if they  re-do the show that won them a championship when they were division three ?  😁

May have a hard time getting rights to Carmina Burana

edit.  My aged mind is failing me. CB was in 2000. They won div 3 in1993,  2002 & 2004

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Boston is in the conversation 

Sure, as could any corps lasting 40, 50, 60 years +. 

I was thinking more in terms of their rides up and down the Open, Class A, Division III etc etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Sure, as could any corps lasting 40, 50, 60 years +. 

I was thinking more in terms of their rides up and down the Open, Class A, Division III etc etc. 

Agree BS did incredible stuff; few tenths from being first DCI champ, slow then accelerating slide, paying off massive debt, then the rebuild.  Props to the local parents & members in mid 1980s that addressed the debt.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

edit.  My aged mind is failing me. CB was in 2000. They won div 3 in1993,  2002 & 2004

Their first Div III championship was in '89. They won with Carmina Burana that year. They also won in '93, '01, and '03. There are also a lot of "should have won" years in there, too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Also, Carmina Burana has recently been done by Phantom REgiment, so not very hard to get that piece anymore....

• Like 1