DCI and SOA being sued?

40 minutes ago, CadetDood said:

Saw this oddly ominous post on the DCI Reddit this morning, some comments are spreading a rumor about DCI and SOA being sued in GA. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Back during the Jan 2022 SoA meltdown there were vague-ish threats of legal action from the victim (or her family).  No idea if this is related. 

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Back during the Jan 2022 SoA meltdown there were vague-ish threats of legal action from the victim (or her family).  No idea if this is related. 

That sub's Rule 6 has already been imposed and the post removed.

No amount of cleanup (albeit genuine and thorough) afterwards erases what some of us have endured in drum corps. I've communicated a bit with OP (not privately or directly, but in posts) and I believe them.  They tend to speak with a very direct, assertive, and intense tone in response to reports of member abuse. One of the few others out there. There was a followup comment, now gone, that confirmed the news.

Looks like the mods on the page removed the post, guess we'll find out if there's any truth to this at some point. Hopefully it was just someone making stuff up, would hate to see the activity take another blow after just starting to get on a better track post COVID.

Correct. A lawsuit is happening. Since it is listed online as public knowledge, the public deserves to know. This is all the information I can/want to give at this time. Thank you

https://odyssey.gwinnettcourts.com/Portal/#

23-C-07392-S1
Edited by anomaly
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Since this is listed online as public knowledge, the public deserves to know. This is all the information I can/want to give at this time. You must register for a free account through the link to see listed info.

https://odyssey.gwinnettcourts.com/Portal/#

23-C-07392-S1

Thank you
Edited by anomaly
  • Thanks 2

Corps FB page is quiet on this. When things hit the fan the other year there were a lot of posts that made the corps look bad. Looks like the mods wised up.

Edited by JimF-LowBari