DCI and SOA being sued?

20 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Corps FB page is quiet on this. When things hit the fan the other year there were a lot of posts that made the corps look bad. Looks like the mods wised up.

I mean, why would the organization say anything on social media about this?  That would be disastrous.  Legal is most likely telling them to stay mum

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Looks like it is just an initial filing, no documents have been uploaded or are available yet. 

Any idea of that is why the only thing that comes up for Spirit of Atlanta in the search is from 2017?

7 minutes ago, Reggi93 said:

I mean, why would the organization say anything on social media about this?  That would be disastrous.  Legal is most likely telling them to stay mum

It wasn’t the corps saying anything a few years back. It was a few “supporters” attacking the member making the claims. And then going after (threat or two included) anyone saying the member might be telling the truth. Went on for days, got worse and worse. mods should have closed the thread but left it alone until finally removed some of the worse posts. Corps management seemed to be in a flux at the time and looked like no one had responsibility for the FB page (few posts even asked why things were allowed to get so bad).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any idea of that is why the only thing that comes up for Spirit of Atlanta in the search is from 2017?

If you hit smart search after you login, copy 23-C-07392-S1 into the search tab, and when you hit enter it should open.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

It wasn’t the corps saying anything a few years back. It was a few “supporters” attacking the member making the claims. And then going after (threat or two included) anyone saying the member might be telling the truth. Went on for days and mods should have closed the thread but left it alone until finally removed some of the worse posts.

giphy-downsized.gif

Where else I have seen this before within the drum corps community...? Lemme think....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony Flores said:

Looks like it is just an initial filing, no documents have been uploaded or are available yet. 

Yes.  
Looks like pretty standard stuff but

(1) It is a civil torts action; so SoA & DCI are being sued for money- no one is going to jail.  

(2) This is very early in the process.   I don’t know when the Complaint will be made public.  When we see the complaint we will know a lot more.  

(3)  SoA/DCI may (MAY) have insurance against what is in lawsuit- if so insurance company will be involved in legal defense (bringing their own lawyers).   The company may also choose to settle.  

note I am not a lawyer, but a program I ran in USAF was subject of several lawsuits (FYI we won all but one and only lost that due to incompetent DoJ lawyer(who got fired over it));  I had literally 12 lawyers on speed-dial.  So I understand this to a degree.  If I am wrong on my amateur legal analysis let me know.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes.  
Looks like pretty standard stuff but

(1) It is a civil torts action; so SoA & DCI are being sued for money- no one is going to jail.  

(2) This is very early in the process.   I don’t know when the Complaint will be made public.  When we see the complaint we will know a lot more.  

(3)  SoA/DCI may (MAY) have insurance against what is in lawsuit- if so insurance company will be involved in legal defense (bringing their own lawyers).   The company may also choose to settle.  

note I am not a lawyer, but a program I ran in USAF was subject of several lawsuits (FYI we won all but one and only lost that due to incompetent DoJ lawyer);  I had literally 12 lawyers on speed-dial.  So I understand this to a degree.  If I am wrong on my amateur legal analysis let me know.  

I think the complainant is just North of your reply? ⬆️ @anomaly?

Edited by keystone3ply
cx