Corps Fundraising Campaigns

I noticed Spirit and Mandarins both kicked off fundraising campaigns to raise $100k by the end of 2023. The Mandarins even announced an anonymous donor has agreed to match up to $100k, which is amazing!! Today, BD announced they are trying to raise $150k by the end of the year. 

With this, and the earlier announcements from Cadets and Southwind, I am concerned this is another sign that corps are struggling financially and trying to recover/get ahead due to the rising costs. 

I'm hoping this activity can survive through these tougher times.

The problem with end of year campaigns is that most people(myself included) have given out all my donations for 2023.   First time BD has ever against for money.  Mandarin's should continue the match into 2024.  Spirit has a real need.  $40,000 in expenses each month and $5,000 in revenue each month.  I wish them well. 

7 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

The problem with end of year campaigns is that most people(myself included) have given out all my donations for 2023.   First time BD has ever against for money.  

BD has asked in the past. I can think of campaigns for Devils Food and for rehabbing Mars. I am sure there have been others. 

• Like 1

It’s never a bad idea to ask. If nothing else it’s there if needed. 

2 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I don't see it as a sign of trouble.  Corps need funding all the time and towards the end of the year is a good time to remind folks of that.  

And people are more charitable during the holiday season aren’t they? 

• Like 2