Vanguard 2024

45 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Gross. That's not acceptable at a corps with a corroborated history of abuse. It normalizes enabling.

The adult "kid" defended, enabled a known abuser into shows by providing a badge, enabled him to advise my corps on their show... supposedly.

Those are all disqualifying, enabling behaviors, exactly as I pointed out at the time. And they demonstrate the adult "kid" is likely challenged by calling out and acting appropriately on other concerning behaviors if they're observed.

Has the adult "kid" done any additional professional development to assertively demonstrate otherwise? Has this bare minimum been reached, requested, or even attempted?

Katie Hopkins has been at SCV for at least 5 years now, teaches WGI Guards, and high schools guards too.  I don't know her personally, but I understand from those that do she's a quality individual.  Based on her body of work, and until there is more substantive evidence other than a Reddit post, she should be allowed to make a living despite the sins of her father.  To do otherwise is gross and illegal under state of California employment law. 

For concerns on her training maybe ask Gio Bastante.  I assume you know her. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brass of the South said:

Sir. This is a Vanguard thread.

anyways! what’s everyone’s favorite vanguard show? mine is probably 1987, though I was a bit too young to know what DCI was then. haha!

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Sir. This is a current Vanguard staffer.

this was a thread about their 2024 production.  closing with an invitation to anyone wishing to open new discussions