A Great Article on The Cadets

51 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I have no idea what this is referring to and can't figure it out from everyone's comments - is there a link, or is this on Facebook or something?

Mike

someone posted that Memphis Blues is adding Cadets board, bought the uniforms and is changing to the Cadets of Memphis. it's on Facebook, but this computer won't let me cut and paste to here. apparently it first got out in a Cadets alumni group and has spread since then

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Everyone’s freaking out that they aren’t listed on the DCI website anymore 

well they'd have to have membership to be listed. given DCI now added to the lawsuit, i'm not surprised they were scrubbed

21 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Did a Facebook search - Memphis Blues rebranding as Cadets of Memphis, buying (or bought) a bunch of Cadets assets, and hope to get as close to the Cadets presentation without getting added to the lawsuit?  Trying to be SoundSport this year.

Edit: this is from a Facebook post, so take it for what it's worth.

Mike

www.cadetsofmemphis.org

nothing yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

someone posted that Memphis Blues is adding Cadets board, bought the uniforms and is changing to the Cadets of Memphis. it's on Facebook, but this computer won't let me cut and paste to here. apparently it first got out in a Cadets alumni group and has spread since then

Thanks - I found the FB discussion.  Didn't know they are bringing in the Cadets board; if so, that actually *might* increase their legal jeopardy.  Using an homage name and their unis really doesn't.  That's a decision for them and their lawyers, I suppose. 

Mike

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Thanks - I found the FB discussion.  Didn't know they are bringing in the Cadets board; if so, that actually *might* increase their legal jeopardy.  Using an homage name and their unis really doesn't.  That's a decision for them and their lawyers, I suppose. 

Mike

well now i wonder how long ago this was in the works. i remember when Chris Ryan Lawrence came on here inviting people to email him with questions, and when i did, he demanded i tell him where i heard things before he'd answer me. well i'm pretty sure my response guaranteed why he didn't answer them, but man it looks fishy now

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Maybe we’re all getting punked. That would be h I l a r I o u s. 

yes....and no. i mean my dark side would laugh, but in all reality thats a ####ed up thing to do.

but given how some of them can't let everything 1934/maroon and gold/FHNSAB go....it sadly wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

I think Cadets were removed from actual membership earlier this year, but I might be misremembering things.

I also assumed the Memphis thing was an April Fools joke with bad timing, because it's such a bad idea, it's hard to imagine anyone seriously wanting to go there. 

Were I a Cadets alum, I'd be p___ssed off about this, as it pre-supposes that the actual Cadets are dead and gone, and even though they're dormant this year, there's still the capacity to relaunch once they're past the current legal travails. The Memphis move strikes me as more than a little presumptuous.

• Thanks 1