Star of Indiana 1993

What a cool frickin show. Too bad it took me 10 years to figure that out! That hornline was f-ing amazing!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a cool frickin show. Too bad it took me 10 years to figure that out! That hornline was f-ing amazing!!

Nice to know you finally drank the Kool-Aid, CJ. b**bs

I wish I'd marched in '93 so I could've seen it once. Or so that I could've played that great Bill Chase stuff from '93 that Freelancers did. Or so that I could've marched Cadets with Jeremy Agresti and gotten a ring. But whatever. :)

I just wish they had a different Drum Writer. Thom Hannum Puts me to sleep.

zzt zzt diga diga zzt zzt Boring. Drum lines should at least play neat stuff if they are going to play quiet...his stuff sucks!

Horn wize though they Rock!

zzt zzt diga diga zzt zzt Boring. Drum lines should at least play neat stuff if they are going to play quiet...his stuff sucks!

Horn wize though they Rock!

At least they tried to explore a dynamic spectrum that almost no one...wait, probably close to no one explores in this day and age.

You ever see the Medea drum parts? Genious writing in my opinion...

I find Hannum's book a pure gem. Medea dosen't call for a neat book... besides, I thought it was neat.

Edited by bssop97

I haven't seen 93 star's performance yet, but I have listened to it a bunch of times. When the ensmble plays the big chord at fff, it is so perfectly balanced.The only problem was that a sop cut off a split second late. I think they deserved to win more than the Cadets. Sure the show is a little bizarre, but it would've been the most interesting show to win DCI. I think they just got screwed over by the judges. But it is an amazing show to listen to. Can't wait to see it whenever I decide to ordr the 93 legacy DVD.

I've been listening to this show more and more over the past year or so, and watching it on the 1993 DVD. For the first time, the other night, I got goosebumps. Many actually, for the last 3 or so minutes of the show. Wow...

But 1993 Cadets and PR have always given me goosebumps :) CBC's drill that year scares me to death every time I watch it.

chris