Star of Indiana 1993

But 1993 Cadets and PR have always given me goosebumps  CBC's drill that year scares me to death every time I watch it.

Maybe i need to go back and watch the videos again... But i feel that Star's drill is way more intense than Cadets. I'll go watch the videos again but i don't think my idea will change...

Star just did so many cool movement things it blows me away.

Brian Fischer

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would give anything to have a guard-cam for that show....they were truly one of the most innovative and great guards.

man, i watched it earlier tonight, i cant get enough of it...it was pure GE in my eyes.

both were great shows...decisions like that one suck.

Edited by BennyASU

I think Cadets had more GE for their show, imho their drum books were just as good. That year SHOULD have been a tie.

• 2 weeks later...

It's really great to hear so many people fromso many DIFFERENT corps say such nice things about STAR. That is except for the Cavies. I guess I expected as much. Splooie to ya'll too...... We really got NO respect those days. After I aged out I was teaching a high school drumline in Ohio when a 16 year old soprano Bluecoat wannabe came up to me and said, "I don't care what Star does they'll NEVER have enough money to BUY a championship!!!" ooops! Guess they DID have the talent though.......

Thanks

Jeff

STAR

snare 87-88

They had talent alright! That show was great Eye Candy. Loved the way the drill evolved in the last two minutes. And the brass and perc....I don't know how they played that last segment as well as they did. Absolutly phenonenal!! b**bs

Jim Wolf

71-77 N. J. Black Watch

Guys........the Guard !! watch the guard !! I know the show is packed full of places to reat our eyes, but I have to say, in my opinion, the 1993 Star of Indiana colorgaurd performance is one of the most underrated of all time.......ensemble flag work was astounding with use of diversified vocabulary, varied impact points, and consistent, solid execution....wow

~G~

I watch those two shows often, and that is one tough call. For me, I think Star missing that last set might have tipped the scale for me toward toward Cadets. I also think the esoteric quality of their music might have hurt them in GE, but we're splitting hairs for sure. One of the closest calls ever, both great corps.

What is the drumline doing at the end? They seem to be doing this amazing roll effortlessly. I am not a percussionist, so I apologize if that sounds stupid.

Are you talking about the very last drill set? It wasn't a roll...it was singles. If you go to drumlineparkinglot.net there's a video of the drum line in practice...you get (among other tidbits) the last 15 or so seconds of run thru just on perc several times. The audio's a little dirty -- probably due to echo inside the stadium -- but you can hear what they're playing.

It wasn't until I saw that vid that I realized how tasty the snare book at the end was!