DCI Annapolis now TBD

6 hours ago, leed17 said:

College of NJ (Trenton State)? West Chester University? Two places that have hosted both marching and and drum corps shows before…

West Chester is a logistical nightmare

7 hours ago, leed17 said:

College of NJ (Trenton State)? West Chester University? Two places that have hosted both marching and and drum corps shows before…

Agreed that WCU would be rough despite the history. I went there about 12 years ago, parking felt limited, stands felt very cramped. Ewing might be a decent replacement for Glassboro, only about an hour away from there.

Bowie State could do as a replacement for Annapolis this year. University facility, about the same size as TCNJ, only half-hour from Annapolis:

Bowie State

Annapolis is a 4.5 hr drive (or more depending on DC traffic) each way.   Maybe I’m being selfish, but I really don’t want the distance to increase.   

Warrenton VA HS used to host shows in early 00s.  Southwest of DC.  Is there a reason that show couldn’t be moved to VA?  Or is the tour in even more of a rut that I thought?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Geography added

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Annapolis is a 4.5 hr drive (or more depending on DC traffic) each way.   Maybe I’m being selfish, but I really don’t want the distance to increase.   

Warrenton VA HS used to host shows in early 00s.  Southwest of DC.  Is there a reason that show couldn’t be moved to VA?  Or is the tour in even more of a rut that I thought?

The school that hosted in Warrenton lost a ton of money the last year they hosted. Annapolis picked up that show after a year off. I hosted corps for both Warrenton and Annapolis during this time frame.

Remember, this is the only show in the DC area and I have to believe DCI would still like to keep it in the area. Just limited stadiums big enough with turf fields. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't it be nice to finally get a show at JMU? Big stadium with turf field right off of I-81 in Harrisonburg, VA and has hosted the high school marching band competition "Parade of Champions" for decades. 

JMU-Stadium.jpg

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Wouldn't it be nice to finally get a show at JMU? Big stadium with turf fied right off of 81 and has hosted Parade of Champions for high school bands for decades. 

University of Richmond has good stadium.   Artificial turf field. 

https://richmondspiders.com/facilities/robins-stadium/6 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Another suggestion- Hermitage HS in Henrico VA (Richmond area).  Concrete stands; plenty of parking, easy access from interstate.  

Unfortunately for most VA high Schools, the stadiums are too small.  Annapolis has drawn well in the past.  They need a stadium with a similar capacity and most VA high schools just don't have that.