Favorite Hornline Warmups

DrumCorps21

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like it when corps just do chord progressions.....I think that is more awesome than anything......

I love shotgun. I but like the straight through version not the 1...12..123.etc. etc. version

I don't hear it anymore, but someone wrote us a cool arrangement of "Mr. Do's Castle" from Nintendo fame. It was a cool, syncopated 1/8th note pattern and the melody traveled around the horn line from section to section.

We had much more fun in our individual warm ups, however. A couple of us baris would go off and make up our own versions of Budweiser commercials, Frankenstein by Edgar Winter, Hurricane by the Scorpions, Rush tunes, whatever. That was some real fun!

I don't hear it anymore, but someone wrote us a cool arrangement of "Mr. Do's Castle" from Nintendo fame.

I have no doubt its good if SCV plays it. Mr DOs Castle? Ive heard of Nintendo?................

I feel so...very.....(old) :blink:

Most definatly "Long F".

We would play the scale of F major and start with quarter notes, then halve notes, whole notes and finally double hole notes.

That's not too hard you might think, but try it at a FFF+ volume while marching.... B)

It really helped us a lot with becomming louder and knowing how far you can go.

Twan

Ah yes, "Long-F"....I am playing that this year, considering our caption head marched Phantom 91-93. Can't say it's the most enjoyable exercise to track to, but it really builds your LOUD chops! Like strength training for your lips.

My old hornline played a song called "The Mission" when we played it well it was really pretty, also my favorite preshow warm up, "hey guys lets tune FIRST and then play a huge cord really loud and IN TUNE and show that DIV I corp who just played that loud warm up how loud a 42 piece DIV II hornline can be.