If You Could Do It Differently.........

Occassionally, we make the decision on where or whether to march. After the fact, have you felt the decision you made was incorrect?

Thanks,

Rocketman - Let me think about that

ampssuck

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the fact? My decision was correct.

The only thing I would change if I had to do it all over again would be to change my perception of competition and to have tried to meet more people from other corps (which was difficult since we were usually the last ones on and quickly being herded into some semblance of a retreat line after our performance).

After the fact? My decision was correct.

The only thing I would change if I had to do it all over again would be to change my perception of competition and to have tried to meet more people from other corps (which was difficult since we were usually the last ones on and quickly being herded into some semblance of a retreat line after our performance).

Ditto here...If I had to make a choice...even knowing I'd get the Ring if I went Garfield...I'd still go BD. Such a mystique to be a part of!!

Although, I'd try out for the 82 corps...I could've made that line, I think...then I'd have three years on my jacket instead of that lonely 1 year...

I would have marched until 1988.

For me, I wish I had marched the last 2 years I was eligible. But college was consuming my time and felt I needed to focus on that. To think, I could have marched BD in 81 and 82 (especially 82!). Another championship ring and and to be able to play that One More Time piece! That was H-O-T.

Maybe.....

• 4 months later...
Occassionally, we make the decision on where or whether to march. After the fact, have you felt the decision you made was incorrect?

Thanks,

Rocketman - Let me think about that

ampssuck

I made friendships in the years I marched that have lasted to today, several decades later. I was a part of a corps that won DCI twice. I wouldn't trade any of the experiences I went through for anything. However, if this is a hindsight question, I wouldn't have marched and I would have stayed in the stands on gone on in the direction I was heading originally.

Mike Braga

SCV 1973 - 1975

Anaheim Kingsmen 1976 - 1978

TOR SCV 2004

In '82 I tried out for Madison guard, and was given a spot at the camp. I ended up staying with Sky Ryders, and was DM the next year. I had told another guard guy from Sky that I would come back, and I didn't want to back out of that. I don't necessarily regret not marching with Madison, but it was always something I wanted to do. Being DM of a finals corps - even as bad as we were in '83 - is something not everyone can say.

I was asked to teach Suncoast's rifles in '89, but I was studying for the bar exam. It would have been fun, but I saw the corps that summer, and I could not have done as good of a job as whoever got it.