If You Could Do It Differently.........

After listening to some arrangements I wrote for the 1971 Lynwood Diplomats, there's a lot of stuff I would have fixed that I just didn't have the skills to at the time.....first time I heard the corps in over 30 years I "knew" what I should have done had I but known better. 

And.....I turned 21 on Aug. 1, 1968: in the Army at Ft. Lewis, Washington.  This year I'll turn 57 on Aug 1st and all I hope I get is some good surf!  We haven't had good surf on California's Central Coast in a couple weeks and my gills are getting very dry!

RON HOUSLEY

Dude,

The wedge has been going off!!!!! You should come down for a weekend.

Mike Braga

SCV 73 - 75

Anaheim Kingsmen 76 - 76

SCV TOR 2004

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add me to the list of folks who would have marched my last 2 years. After Suncoast folded, I tried out for and made Magic, but I just couldn't get excited about being a part of a brand-new corps. Some very good friends (including lrienaeds above) went out to BD in 91 (which would have been my age-out year) and I wish that I had gone out with them. Oh well.

Add me to the list of folks who would have marched my last 2 years. After Suncoast folded, I tried out for and made Magic, but I just couldn't get excited about being a part of a brand-new corps. Some very good friends (including lrienaeds above) went out to BD in 91 (which would have been my age-out year) and I wish that I had gone out with them. Oh well.

We would have been that much better of a hornline if we'd had you. You know if it hadn't been for Wally I would never have gone myself.

NO, I got my plaque for being a true alumni of the 27th Lancers. You had to do certain things in order to receive such an honor. You had to have been all paid up with your dues and didn't owe any money to the corps, you had to have marched 2 or more years and have aged out with the corps, then you received your 27th Lancer starburst from your hat that you wore, engraved on a plaque with the years you marched. Something I will always treasure. More then anything, my standing as a true alumni of a great corps.

Only thing I wish was that we were in finals in 1986, because we deserved it. I'm glad for the honor and opportunity to march with a wonderful corps part of History. I will hold it dear to me forever, especially the family and friends of this corps that has remained with me for life.

I love the Bonfiglio family and the opportunity they provided for me to be a part of a wonderful organization.

Occassionally, we make the decision on where or whether to march. After the fact, have you felt the decision you made was incorrect?

Thanks,

Rocketman - Let me think about that

ampssuck

No incorrect decision on where, but not nearly early enough... I should left the parental nest sooner than later... parents disowned me anyway

like other posters, i'd give my right *ut to do it again....

Chuck

Even with what I know now about who won what ring, my selection of corps would have been different.

The two years I march with Bluewater Buccs I wouldn't change. If I had been smart and not really listen to my parents, the following year I should have gone to Saginaires. There I would have heard rumors about a corp starting up in Indiana. I might have been curious enough to have gone. Either that or I would have then gone on to march with Phantom. <sighing>

Great topic!

I marched 78 & 79 with BD guard and then marched the winter season with BD. Just wasn't enjoying it any longer - the heart wasn't there for me so didn't march the age out summer. I could have had another ring but I so enjoyed 79 that I left on a good note.

Now, a zillion years later, I am back with some of my BD friends marching in the Renegades. The circle is complete as I have Shirley Stratton-Dorritte as an instructor again. How funny and yet it is just so right.

This activity has given so much to me; I have learned and grown in ways that no other activity has challenged me. No regrets for not marching my last possible year with BD because your heart has to be sold out to make the sacrifice.

Diane

Occassionally, we make the decision on where or whether to march. After the fact, have you felt the decision you made was incorrect?

Thanks,

Rocketman - Let me think about that

ampssuck

I would DEFINITELY do it different.

I would have started marching in 1987. :P

(and "aged" myself out in 1993)

I would DEFINITELY do it different.

I would have started marching in 1987.  :P

(and "aged" myself out in 1993)

And then come back illegaly in 96?

None what so ever here. I was contemplating marching in the states for my age out year, but I marched with Oakland Crusaders instead, and even though it was a bad year for us, I felt good about "sticking" it out for my entire drum corps experience with Canadian drum corps.