What Did You Do On The Bus....

I wasn't sure how to word this because maybe I'm going to step on some sacred ground or something. But the bus trips actually are what would cause me as a parent to be concerned to let my kid travel with a corps. We might have remembered it as innocent fun (or "experimentation" if you get my <<cough cough>> drift!), but viewed by most as crime...pure and simple.

I probably just killed the heck outta this thread... :0

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...another thread killed...I think I should be getting the hint, hanh?

I wasn't sure how to word this because maybe I'm going to step on some sacred ground or something. But the bus trips actually are what would cause me as a parent to be concerned to let my kid travel with a corps. We might have remembered it as innocent fun (or "experimentation" if you get my <<cough cough>> drift!), but viewed by most as crime...pure and simple.

I probably just killed the heck outta this thread... :0

Ryan-

Isn't it amazing how those little innocent acts that were ok as a teenager, suddenly become a major deal the seciond you become a parent?

Since I have boys, I am not too sure I am all that worried about it, and i would still trust my kids marching drum corps over anyhting else in the world. But you can only control them for so long before they are going to find out about "things" on their own.

As far as what I did on the bus.... I am sure that Elaine would not be too happy if I published any of it here. But seeing as I am 6'2 and she is about 5'6, there wasn;t too much we could do....

Oh, and we played the game a lot.... you all remember the "GAME", right?

"The back of the bus hates the front of the bus and the fromt of the bus hates the back of the bus... but everyone hates BILL!!!!"

• 4 weeks later...

Could not would not tell anyone what happened on the bus. No way no how. :blink:

Now the busses mechanically was a different story. A very long story. <**>

What goes on on tour, STAYS on tour. :blink:

Funny how people do all kinds of crazy #### in corps, then change completely as parents, once they realize that their kids might wind up doing the same things when THEY march. B)

Edited by Galen

OMG!!

when I was in LI Kingsmen things were pretty civil. we did all the same "what happens on the bus stays on the bus" stuff. good fun was had by all

but...

when I joined Bridgemen...I can't begin to explain it. It was kinda like a free for all. These people had some very serious issues.

I'm trying to think how to descibe it and each time I type something..I erase it...saying OMG I can't even discuss that....all I can say is... some people are going to #### for the things that happened on those busses b**bs

What the heck did you do while on the bus for those 10-12 hour bus rides.

Most of the time I was either sleeping or playing cards. Unfortunately, my skill at playing cards wasn't that great so my playing time lasted till I lost about ten bucks

then I packed it in.

Sleeping was another great way to pass the time, you fall asleep in Ohio and end up in Nebraska or some other state.

There's not a whole lot you can do in a bus for such a long time.

What new and adventurous ideas do you have. -_- :huh::blink:

Well....hmmm... I can't say but it was sure fun in the dark.