Santa Clara First Performance

Oh no!

I don't know if anyone else has seen their show but last night it was scary. Not everyone knew the drill, soloists were not spot on, not everyone was clued in to instructors instructions. Very scary. Musically it is an alright show but nothing too spectacular. Does anyone else have any early season reports.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG that's a funny post.....we'd be digging graves for all the corps right now if May performance was any indication of August outcomes.

SCV will be fine...you just watch... :silly:

Sounds like they are in great shape if they have a full show on the field already. More time to clean and do changes. Good job SCV.

I could go on and on about the practice and performance but, all I will say is the show and sound is a carbon copy of the Blue Devils. If you did a blind taste test you would not be able to tell the difference between the 2.

At least the drumline is good!!

I could go on and on about the practice and performance but, all I will say is the show and sound is a carbon copy of the Blue Devils. If you did a blind taste test you would not be able to tell the difference between the 2.

Yeah ... I remember the last time BD played "Scheherazade." That was awesome.

I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up on this thread. I almost posted some pre-emptive sarcasm, but was dissuaded by the better angels of my nature. Shows what I get for not acting fast. - LOL - So when you marched, were your shows always note-perfect on the second day of camp in May?

I said nothing about the missed notes and step offs. That stuff will go away. I understand it is May and I am glad they sorta have the whole show done.

I understand BD is not playing "Scheherazade" but if they were this is how they would sound. Where is the vanguard sound? Just listen to it yourself and you will here what I am hearing. If you have been around enough you will be able to tell right off the bat that it is not an scv sound.

It is a very segmented show. Sorta like the cut a paste show like bd does.

I'm sure you will come back to me and say I know nothing and have no clue but I was there not 3000 miles away, reading Internet posts.

Edited by SCVFan222

I'm sure you will come back to me and say I know nothing and have no clue but I was there not 3000 miles away, reading Internet posts.

No. I'll just say that I find it very instructive that you always seem to pop up to dis SCV at every opportunity. 'Nuff said.