Best Baritone Soloists

Mahler

I met him last year in Orlando and he gave me some beers...I thought it was funny...he was saying how good it was to meet me at last, and I was thinking the same exact thing.  One heck of a nice guy, and a great talent.

James stepped into the baritone hype circle before one of the finals week shows in 96. It was sweet!

Michael Oldemeyer

My personnal favorite without a doubt, is Genevieve Danis,

Yep that's the girl on the left side of my avatar.

Best baritone soloist i have EVER heard!!!

She marched Les Étoiles from 1995 to 1999, Glassmen 2000 and is the Syracuse Brigadiers' soloist since 2001.

Why? Best tone, best sound, so much sound projection you can hear her playing piano a mile away (ok i am exagerating), so much emotions all the time, and most of all... NEVER cracks, NEVER ever missed a note in a show since i know that girl....

:angry::wall::grrr:

Here's an early season recording of the original Everybody Loves the Blues.

That's Eric on baritone...quite different than how it turned out at finals, no?

This was recorded in late February, early March of 1983.

We didn't sound too bad for that early in the season :)

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Oh

my

God.

That is so cool. Thanks again for sharing, Robert! You are, indeed, da man. B)

Edited by geneseo_bari_87

James Hosmer from PR - His I & E performance in I don't remember what year on Carnival - LOVELY.  The Madison Duet in 85 on Rhapsody in Blue, and that BD BARI whoa!

I think he did COV the same year I did, 1987. I remember he performed his solo at DCM at the stadium as the DCM I&E Baritone champ, sometime during prelims or maybe right before finals. Very sweet.

I've listened to this like 10 times now. You can hear that BD hornline sound despite the non-optimal recording technology used. I could almost swear the solo bari sounds like a french horn.

God, those contras. 10 K90's played by 10 muthas.

That poor soprano who has the solo near the end hanging out there all alone... :angry:

Love at the end... "It's live, Wayne." B)

come on Jerome....chime in here and tell all of my greatness!!!!

:angry: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

need I say more?

I've listened to this like 10 times now. You can hear that BD hornline sound despite the non-optimal recording technology used. I could almost swear the solo bari sounds like a french horn.

Eric was pretty phenominal....and still is. He's on the BD alumni CD that recently came out. Playing his trombone, although this time the tune was reworked so Eric, Jeff Lynn, and Adam Rapa had extended solos........Pretty killer recording.

God, those contras. 10 K90's played by 10 muthas.

We marched 8 contras back then, and given the time of the recording, there would probably have been anywhere from 4 to 7. Contas never filled up until June back then.

That poor soprano who has the solo near the end hanging out there all alone... 

If you knew him, you'd rub his nose in it. We did :D

Edited by bd5times