1982 Dekalb Run Off

I was pretty new to corps at the time, but I was there and witnessed true intensity in watching warmups for both corps and the run off. Absolutely the way it should be. NO TIES. It was the best thing I have ever witnessed in DCI. Thanks to all members out there giving it your all to turn around and give it your all all over. :music:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the audience stayed to see the two best corps in the Midwest perform again. It was after midnight that they went on, being that time was given the corps to warm-up all over again. It was quite the event.

It would have been neat to see Phantom and BD do that in 96 finals.

Do you have any more pics of this contest?

Hey jd...I went through the "archives" here and was pretty sure I had more pics from this

contest that you, me and Kevlar496 (et al) participated in. Unfortunately, I didn't find any more.

I thought I had a few more, though... :worthy: ... Hmmmmm.

I'll let you know if I find them. Who'd a thunk we'd be in a forum like this talking about it all

these years later? ^OO^

You wouldn't happen to know anyone who has some pics from your show that year ('82) when you,

us and SCV all played together?? I've seen some around, but none I could grab...

JOE BRUNO!!!

The first voice I ever heard associated with drum corps...as I watched the 1981 DCI Midwest Regional Finals on PBS (they broadcast that instead of Final in '81 because of DCI's 10th Anniversary celebration in Whitewater)...

His voice was god-like as he announced each corps...not simply giving their home town and name, but adding a short bio to each introduction before giving the name...

I really miss hearing his voice at shows...

Anybody remember DeKalb 81 and all the electronic stuff he was using on the mike that night?

One of my greatest memories in corps was hearing him say "Ready when you are, Mr. Shea" as I waited to take the Knights off the field from retreat at the Cavies show in 88. My parents were there and got to hear that. Creamy goodness.

No pics, but I have an old recording of us playing together.

Sadly, it's not digitized.

I might have some. I'll check my old photo albums. I also have the Regiment yearbooks from back then. Maybe I can dig those out as well.

JD, didn't you send me a recording of 81 or 82 with some other stuff on it a couple of years ago? I still listen to that tape every now and then.

Kevin