Oldest Member To Perform @ WGI?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew that you could compete after 21 or is it or was it 25?

I just got off the phone with the WGI office and the rule book states that in Independent World Class ONLY a unit may use members of ANY age. ISNT THAT GREAT! (Go get your grandparents out of the nusing homes & get them into WGI! ROFL:-))

The lady I spoke with doesn't remember an age out rule of 21-22 or 25, but I too remember thinking age out was 25.

Now we have an alternative to senior corps! (NO disrespect!)

Edited by Garfield Cadets

I think you'll still be ok....I know there are older people than you in some of the IW Guards (Assembly Line, The Guard, etc)........or at least they are around your age...I am 46 and I'm hoping to march Reading Bucs guard next summer....I'm giving myself from now til then to get into better shape and build up those lungs and heart and muscles.....then hopefully I'll do it....This is my Mid-Life Crisis and welcome to it....

But anyway...I say go for it...32 is definitely not too old...it will probably be the dancing that is more trouble than the equipment work...at least for me that will probably be the case....

I just got off the phone with the WGI office and the rule book states that in Independent World Class ONLY a unit may use members of ANY age.  ISNT THAT GREAT! (Go get your grandparents out of the nusing homes & get them into WGI! ROFL:-))

The lady I spoke with doesn't remember an age out rule of 21-22 or 25, but I too remember thinking age out was 25.

Now we have an alternative to senior corps! (NO disrespect!)

Definitely go for it Garfield Cadets....I was 35 when we did the 1994 schtick at finals, and I understand that we didn't do much. And did not used the triad in any way, but I felt at that age, I could have done just about anything if trained or taught to.

I would bet you are very, very talented! :) Break a leg!

Best of Luck

I think you'll still be ok....I know there are older people than you in some of the IW Guards (Assembly Line, The Guard, etc)........or at least they are around your age...I am 46 and I'm hoping to march Reading Bucs guard next summer....I'm giving myself from now til then to get into better shape and build up those lungs and heart and muscles.....then hopefully I'll do it....This is my Mid-Life Crisis and welcome to it....

But anyway...I say go for it...32 is definitely not too old...it will probably be the dancing that is more trouble than the equipment work...at least for me that will probably be the case....

Yep....I judged Assembly Line last year and know that at least one of their members marched with Cavies back in the early '80s.....and he hasn't lost a step yet!

:P

Go for it....

I'm 36 and will be marching with a World Class guard this season - right after I come back from DCA championships! Go Brigs!!!!

Later,

Mike

Brigs 2000-2004

Sonnor 2005

I hope I am marching world guards when I am 36 or 23 at least....

You can compete in IRA,IA, and IO until you age out when you are 22.

(psst...DCI...change age out to 22 like wgi...)

I'm 23, just aging out of IO... And definately planning on marching World Class. I know some of my instructors who are in their mid 30's have marched World class with guards such as Blackwatch. They now march in Independent Senior class (The Guard)...