DCA Championship Prelim/Final Review

John, stop that crazy talk now!! Hasn't it been made abundantly clear that it is all an East Coast conspiracy?  <**>

Sorry, I forgot to hit the "sarcasm" switch ;) I think everyone (performers AND judges) did an amazing job at finals and this will always remain a stand out year for the activity. Placements are what they are, end of story. That poor dead horse is tired of being beaten, seriously.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The corps may have bit off more than they could chew visually, though, where some struggling was seen in the hornline.  And heard, too - horn sound was in constant flux.  But upon closer examination, horn sound was still in flux even when motion eased up.  The much-touted Bb/F brass, in the hands of the Caballeros, was able to provide volume in the ballpark of other top senior corps, except for the contra section's obvious lack of presence.  But that sound came at the expense of a thinner tone, wavering in strength and balance and lacking resonance.

Excellent review.

Would you care to expand on the B flat issue please.I would really like to hear your input on the subject.

We weren't sure if we should play "Show Me" and were discussing it when there seemed to be a huge amount of dead air as the corps left and the Empire set up their victory concert. It seemed to be the right thing to do. For us, it's a tribute to the Govies of the past and has become sort of a theme song over the years. We even played it at Pat Mayer's funeral a couple of years ago.

We weren't sure if we should play "Show Me" and were discussing it when there seemed to be a huge amount of dead air as the corps left and the Empire set up their victory concert. It seemed to be the right thing to do. For us, it's a tribute to the Govies of the past and has become sort of a theme song over the years. We even played it at Pat Mayer's funeral a couple of years ago.

:rolleyes:

Jim:

It was absolutely the right thing to do! And I know the fans got off on it as well, even some of the stoic people on the field grumbled(probably for the fact that the kids from the Midwest took the Drum caption again) and when Roger and John Ebert headed over to play, I wanted to grab a horn too!

I can imagine the Mayer's looking down on their gang, and laughing and crying at the same time..what perfect timing it was.

Pat

we loved it, we were singing along. Many Bushwackers seemed to be digging it, too! a small kick line, I think? :P

we loved it, we were singing along. Many Bushwackers seemed to be digging it, too! a small kick line, I think? :P

It was perfect timing and LOTS of fun!! Very good call! :)

That was a great review. Thanks for your honesty. I don't totally disagree with you. I dont agree 100% but the spreads at finals were a bit much. Hurcs went down 3 points with a better show...

Donny