Why did VK fold?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW LEO!!!  See what you did??

You got the show designer in me thinking...how would I put a full sized VK/Bridgemen (or Bridgemen/VK--depending on your perspective!) super corps on the field...and how would we program it...I know we'd have to do "All Night Long" from us, and "Get Your Boogie Down" from you guys...and then the Civil War Suite of course...and then, JAWS interrupting everything...with a tradeoff between "Shaft" and "Peter Gunn", and then we'd end the show with a combo of "William Tell" going back into "Hungarian Rhapsody" and BRINGING BACK THE SHARK who would SAVE THE BMEN CHICKEN from the FAT LADY!!!!

Holy ####!!!  We'd WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not bring the crowd to it's feet and maybe they would never sit down and we can finish off with a big faint.

Edited by lp1955

If not bring the crowd to it's feet and maybe they would never sit down and we can finish off with a big faint.

PERFECT LEO!!!!!!!!!

I TOTALLY forgot about the big faint....PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

just get someone to yell out "FREE BEER" after your performance... that should get everyone back on their feet.... :P

*sigh* :( Why did I have to be born into this world so late?

It's okay, my time will come... :worthy:

[conspiracy]

VK folded because the "powers that be" didn't want a corps to entertain the audience anymore...so they forced them to overspend themselves into bankruptcy

[/conspiracy]

VK folded due to the lack of finances (and financial planning) as well as a lack of proper management. Inaccurate and faulty record keeping of their bingo games also played a big part of their demise.

I miss VK and I've never even seem them live!

I just wish I had known the first time I ever saw them would be the last time anybody ever saw them.

I just wish I had known the first time I ever saw them would be the last time anybody ever saw them.

One unexpected side benefit (although it didn't feel like it at the time!) to Glassmen missing finals by a tenth in '92 is that I got to be in the stands in Madison for VK's last finals performance.

Heh, funny anecdote (sp?)

My first band director marched horn with VK in 84 and 85 i believe.  Perhpas someone knows him, eric kicsher?  Anyway, to say the least, he was a pretty no-nonsense kinda guy, very militaristic.  I found it ironic he came from VK.  He now holds down a DEA job.

Yep...I saw Eric at the Long Beach show this past summer, and he shocked me when he pulled out his ID and said he "changed professions". UHHHH...YEEEEEAH! Just a slight change their Eric...

He was/is a great guy! And you guys at Suaro (I know I blew the spelling) were a good band...I judged you guys at the Lake Havasu show as well as State Festival once.