Funny Stories

Off the line, one of our lead soprano players (Not Me) snaps his horn up and his mouthpiece goes flying back. Seeing this, a non-playing 3rd sop quickly takes his out and hands it to him. Same show, about 10 people lose their shoes in the mud. This was all in Kitchener, Ontario

Off the line, one of our lead soprano players (Not Me) snaps his horn up and his mouthpiece goes flying back.  Seeing this, a non-playing 3rd sop quickly takes his out and hands it to him.  Same show, about 10 people lose their shoes in the mud.  This was all in Kitchener, Ontario

Geez Keith:

You didn't have to bring back the MUD BOWL did you??? I remember that show very well. I THINK!!

I believe they had a soccer tournament there the week before and couldn't get the field in very good shape because of all the chewed up areas.

We, Dutch Boy Cadets has several members lose shoes during that show. The Cardinals of Precious Blood had WHITE pants, need I say more on that?

And we still had retreat, we put black tape around our shoes for that, as I think

most of the corps did that night!!

The following week when they were trying to get the field in shape again, they pulling out over four dozen shoes!!!! No two matched!!!!

By the way, what corps did you march with again??

• 2 years later...

Ok this is from winter guard, but it was still funny.

My first year marching with State Street we were at a show in a gym that had fold down curtains to divide up the gym. Well, the curtain was rolling up and was right over the floor where we were marching. One of the sabers did a toss and it landed in the roll of the curtain and never came down. He just stood there looking up and then he had to march the rest of the show pretending to have his saber. We had to wait until after the show was all done and have them lower the curtain to get it back.

:P

we had a frenc horn soloist in 1985 that at one show his valve started sticking right before he was to go up and play his solo. so just before he stepped out of line to go up front and play the solo he turns to the guy next to him, grabs his horn and shoves the horn with the stuck valve in the other guys hands.

it was the weirdest thing I ever saw during a show.

we had a frenc horn soloist in 1985 that at one show his valve started sticking right before he was to go up and play his solo. so just before he stepped out of line to go up front and play the solo he turns to the guy next to him, grabs his horn and shoves the horn with the stuck valve in the other guys hands.

THAT is funny!

1992 in Bloomington during Comedy Tonight. Had a mellophone player fall during the show and his shako fell off. He pops back up throwing his shako back on in one motion and marches the rest of the show with it on backwards.

1991 DCM finals. Going on the field for awards we were next to the Cavies who were next to Madison. Well, the 2 drum lines were battling it out, I had bruises from a tenor, when right in front of the audience one of the Madison bass drums goes rolling on the field. We had a good laugh over that one.

I loved retreat back then.

We were in a show in Kitchener in 1976 and one of our lead sops mouthpiece flew off so a third sop hands his mouthpiece over to him without even thinking.

Remember the year VK played Zorba the Greek? The soprano soloists stood behind these wooden standups made to look like greek statues. By the night of finals, they had been um genetically augmented shall we say, below the waist. Funny stuff!

Watched the dvd today and I have never noticed that until I read your post---Too Funny!

in 1987 we had a soprano soloist (actualy he was part of the sextet) who got hit in the head by an arant rifle as it bounced of the ground. if you watch the video you can see the rifle bounce up and his helmet get shifted sideways. However, steve never stopped playing the note he was holding although it did waver a little.