What's The Funniest Nickname You Know...

Most corps since the beginning of drum corps in ancient history, have certain people who develop a persona that defies reason and therefore are given nick names to indentify them only to their fellow members!!!

Most of the stories behind the names are kept a close secret to the average Joe!!

What nick names were popular when you marched and what's the TRUE story behind them??

You may change the names to protect the guilty but the statute of limitations is now past for most of them, I hope.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty stupid, but for some reason, I was identified either by looks or actions with Emilio Estevez's character in "Breakfast Club", known as "Sporto". Apparently, that was my VK name.

There was a soprano player that took that name to it's most grand-sounding end result--which was "Sportonius, God of Sport and Leisure", although that was less known.

I STILL get called Sporto sometimes--especially from the crowd when I make gaffes in my announcing at the southern Cal drum corps shows over the years.

oh boy...this is going to be a funny one I'm sure. I may have to add to this thread several times as I try to recall so many. Let's see... there was:

"WEED" because he always had a good supply of...well, you know. :blink:

"Bongo's" was called that because she... well, you know. :rolleyes:

In Madison we had "The Crew" Moose, Spif, Snaz and Mot. All variations on their names...sort of.

In Guardsmen there were the MUD people, several guys who for one reason or another were tagged "Mud." They spray painted that on a cow somewhere in farmland one time in like iridescent orange. I'm sure the farmer was puzzled by that the next morning...

Probably the standout one for me at the moment is a guy we called "Sphincter" because when he hit the highest note he could we were sure it came right from his sphincter. It was a very high note... :huh:

I could get in a lot of trouble with this thread!!

I know "Tigger" was a big puss.But I didnt know you were. ^0^

name calling won't get me to speak!!

come on JaDome your such a tough guy, you let a few out!! (and I ain't even toching your other nick name I'll be banned!!)

Banned, for my nickname?Nah(unless you know one I dont)

Well,there's Tigger(he'sbouncy)Grape Ape( I look like a purple cartoon ape)Rosie(palmer,sel fexplanatory),Munchkin(short),Gary Trooper(gee,where'd he march before),Spike(I dont know why),OJ(no,he didnt murder anyone,but he looked like em),Moon(I dont know),Half Moon(Moon's little bro),Pugsley(see addams family),Bay Rat(a gang inBayonne),Frank Purdue(his name was Frank),Sweet Pea(she was a sweet pea),Sally New Wave(pink haired girl from the80's), Drack(see Blackula),Phlounder(large guy named Phil),Rudy(dont know),Rollo(Tewilight zone episode withguy named Rollo),Foot(big ones),Dondi(dont know,assuming he looked like the comic strip),Gene gene the dancin machine(is that really a nickname?),Red Dick(thats not really a nickname either,but his real name).

Thats all I can think of right this sec. :)

Edited by JeromeyBush

Oh and Dumbo.How could I forget her ears among other things. :P

Edited by JeromeyBush