What's The Funniest Nickname You Know...

let's see we had

####head - Dumb as a pole - marched bari plug in '82 and after finals got hit by a motorcycle crossing the street outside olympic stadium.

pisshead - his brother

mountain man - looked like he'd fit in on the set of danial boone

peabody - cymbal player in '88 looked like the kid from the cartoon with the talking dog and the wayback machine.

chilly willy - cymbal player in '82 who reminded us of the cartoon penguin with the same name.

Cricket Carl - also a cymbal player in '82 who used to catch and eat live crickets at the practice field.

### jowls - guard chick in '82 who looked like she could hold a lot in her cheeks if you know what i mean.

ta ta's - mello player in '87 who had really big ...

butthead - tenor player in '88 - not sure where he got the name, but I never knew his real name.

sex kitten - guard girl from 1986-1989 - not sure the origin of the name, but I still call her this whenever I see her. Her husband always looks at her funny when I do.

fingers - Baritone player '82

flutters - also a bari player '82

teeth - snare in 1984 who always had a smile on his face and really big white teeth

roxanne - guard girl in '84 who was good looking and lived on a corner. Named after the police song. her bus seat in '84 was next to the emergency exit and there was a red light over her seat which fit her name perfectly.

annie rexic - really skinny guard girl '84-'89

that's all I can think of right now.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's see we had

peabody - cymbal player in '88 looked like the kid from the cartoon with the talking dog and the wayback machine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Peabody the name of the dog and Sherman the name of the kid???? :rolleyes:

Speed Bump - the name of a cymbol player in '94, doesn't really need an explanation

Hornmaster - a rookie sop player in '99 that was always wearing a shirt that said hornmaster (he didn't make it through tour)

Hallmark - a rookie contra in '99 who always said things that sounded like they came off a card

Max - the laziest guy in the hornline in '99, he never "maxed" anything out

Jughead - a rookie baritone in '99 that bleached his hair during tour and had a nasaly voice, spitting image of jughead

White Trash Chad - ageout baritone in '99, the name sounded right and he acted the part. Great guy and incredible squeeler on baritone

Cheeks - mello/alto player in '99 that could hold a contra by the side of the bell in his butt cheeks

Moronson - play on name of assistant drum major in '99. drove golfcart into bass drums lined up on sideline during everydays. Nearly murdered by the battery

Edited by MagicAlto99

Captain "F" Amazing

The F stood for F***ing. Sop player in Blue Stars 80/81. Infamous for the following quote. We had just scored a disappointing 64 points and the bus was silent. Captain F was the last to get on and said...

"I go out there and bust my hump for SIXTY-THREE POINTS!! and the best all of you can come up with is ONE!?!?!"

Best tension breaker I ever heard.

• 4 months later...

Back in the 1960's The Boston Crusaders had a hefty bass drummer. He was given the nickname "Earthquake". That was pretty good but a few years later his younger brother joined who also was a fairly large kid and was instantly given the nicknam "Tremor".

Another Crusader favorite was John Clasby who showed up for his first Sunday rehersal after Mass wearing a 3 piece suit. The connection was made to his appearance and a funeral director and so he was annointed as "Digger". John, now 60 has never been refered to as John in the last 30 or so years. Just Digger or Digga.

LOL, We had this rather large girl who held the American Flag (when she showed up) who was nicknamed "Cupcakes."

Also "Crackers and Crumbs" which I won't get into

We had a timpani player (when we used to carry them called "Jacque Strap" he wore a Billy Jack hat.

"Sudsy" for obvious reasons. Suds marched a year with Phantom and wrote "Bohemian Rhapsody" for Wausau Story in 1976.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Peabody the name of the dog and Sherman the name of the kid???? :worthy:

You are correct sir!

(hate to admit it, but I have every episode of "Bullwinkle and Rocky" on tape)

"Tripod"

Let's just say this guy(a bass drummer 80-81) was a favorite of the ladies! :worthy:

Don't know the origin of some of these....but..

84 BD

Suds (guard girl...was Gino Cipriani's girlfriend on tour....didin't know her real name was Constance until I got the yearbook)

Peaches ('nother guard...slim black girl, gets a nice camera feature near the end of the opener...a real sweetie....another one whose real name - Veronica, I think - I didn't know until the yearbook)

Igor (bari...had it on his member jacket...no one EVER called him Charles 'cause I don't think he even LIKED his name)

Spaz/Sam, Sam, the ElfQuest Man (OK....this is me. Spaz I've had sinze Jr high. SSTEQM came out of the t-shirts I constantly wore to practice that were from a cmonic book series called ElfQuest that I was heavily into during it's production run. The name was usually sung t the opening lick of "On the Town")

Stay-puft Man (Andy in the sop line....one of my roomates, in fact. Kinda resembled teh Ghostbusters character)

Stymie (upper lead soap....said so on his member jacket. Long term BD'er, great horn player, quite a funny guy....and the dude who gave The Look at the end of La Fiesta)

Bubbles (not because of his large glasses, like I thought at first, but hecause he had a theory of intination that inviolved the player being in a theoretical bubble, IIRC. He was also the dude who disliked me the most in the entire corps...and spent 90% of the show marching next to me!)

Zoomie (one of the tenors)

Manson (snare....really did LOOK like Charles Manson!)

Smirt (euph...came to us from Geneseo Knights, I think)

Hackmaster (One of the La Fiesta trio...really hacked through it the first few times)

Edited by 84BDsop