How did Santa Clara win in 89?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats suprises me about 89 is that SCV's drumline scored high. If you look at the video....the snare line members bump real bad in to one another.... a quint player loses a stick  during a feature........and to top it off.....they receive a record high score of 98.8  :ph34r:    :ph34r:

I love both shows by the way.....if you wonder why so many folks who watched drum corrps in the 80's are not fans anymore......just do a compasion of the music that was played by the top two corps in 89 versus 10 years later (99)......MAJOR CHANGE....

Triple Forte

You're right. BD and SCV 99 were horrible shows, and not to mention boring. God :whistle:

I don't know if that is true... I have never heard that.

It's true. The situation has been discussed many times here and on RAMD, and is described in detail in this RAMD post.

Um, this may be a stupid question, but how did that guy vanish from the chair anyway? Where did he go? And who was he?

Who he was (88 a member of the guard...89 a bari or euph player)

How...I know how (you can figure it out if you look at the vid carefully), but I'll leave it up to any SCV alum if I should say it or not...

It was "Magic" of course... ^_^

Wait, OK, so he's originally wearing a black uniform, right? Something tells me that when he goes under the sheet thing, there's a regular uniform under there, and he puts it on while he's concealed from the audience. Then, at the end when everyone is running off the field, he discreetly runs out of the sheet, but no one sees him since so many people are running past it. If it isn't that, then I'm stumped.

Wait, OK, so he's originally wearing a black uniform, right? Something tells me that when he goes under the sheet thing, there's a regular uniform under there, and he puts it on while he's concealed from the audience. Then, at the end when everyone is running off the field, he discreetly runs out of the sheet, but no one sees him since so many people are running past it. If it isn't that, then I'm stumped.

You're stumped.