I just realalized....well I did some time ago

It's harder to make a straight line then a crooked one.

Craig

I agree with that. There is much less margin for error in a straight line. Also, it is much harder to make a solid form than a linear form. And you can always tell a good drill writer on how the transition between a solid and linear form is handled. I mean, exactly when in the move does the solid form go to a linear form. But saying this, I see many instances of solid form in todays shows.

Don

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like watching all of the shows from 1982-1989. It was a time when you can notice a distinct style between the corps. I am not saying you can't see a difference in style today but it is not as obvious as it was in those years. You knew the difference, between a Garfield Drill from a SCV drill and a BD drill and so forth. I love the corps shows today but I really enjoy looking back at those years when the revolution just started.

It's harder to make a straight line then a crooked one.

Craig

Not to digress, but geometrically speaking, this is redundant. A line is a straight arrangement of points. If it's not straight, it's not a line.