1980s Top 3

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate for anything from 83 and/or 84 to make it, though some shows deserve it. The camera angles were dreadfula nd not enough excitement in the entire videos/dvd's. You dont get the essence of the shows......of course, the high camera versions are still amazing.

~G~

I havent decided my votes yet, but if they would offer a semi's of 89 BD I would vote for it. The bad incident with the final performance does not diminish the otherwise great sound of it played correctly.

I havent decided my votes yet, but if they would offer a semi's of 89 BD I would vote for it. The bad incident with the final performance does not diminish the otherwise great sound of it played correctly.

It is my greatest wish to hear that show played again, note for note, by either BD or a BD alumni corps.

That show is totally bad###.

Edited by bawker2000

I realize that the best way for the 27th Lancers to be best represented is to not split the vote by choosing our favorite years, but rather picking one year, in which case I would nominate 1980 since that was the year they almost won the whole thing. I say this shamelessly and strategically as an alumnus. Even though I didn't march that year, but to me it is the best representation of the 27th Lancers for the year they almost won! A half a point! You have too! :rolleyes: :) Thank you for your vote! :)

Edited by Lancerlady

Does it really make sense to vote for the same corps twice in one decade?  One of your votes will cancel out the other in essense.

Not necessarily. If you are like me, and you like two shows equally as much, voting for both will just help assure you that ONE of the two shows will be played!

1980 27th Lancers.....why? Because they were so close to winning. IIRC they were the only corps to break BD's winning streak that season as well by beating them at DCI East. Don't forget that's where legendary George Zingali got his start as a drill designer. Also don't forget their incredible color guard, especially their rifle line.....amazing precision at it's best!

1983 Garfield Cadets.......why? Because that's when they won their first championship. Rocky Point Holiday was sooooo fast and exciting to watch! It was also the beginning of the fast pace spaghetti drills by none other than George Zingali.

Their color guard taught by Peggy Twiggs (another Lancer superlative) was turning heads.

1987 SCV.....why? Because they played the heck out of Russian Christmas music and IIRC was the first year they used rifles in a long while.