some old corps photos

Nice!

Does anyone else but me recall the staff (Blue Stars maybe? Cliff?) who all showed up at a show or two wearing sandles (like Birkenstocks) and robes of some sort in the '70's? One guy was even carrying a mast or staff of some type. They looked "Just like two guru's in heat" or something... a few years late for the hippie movement and style, but just like that?

<1$ to John Lennon>

Reminds me of some of our staff in 71....George Tuthill, Bobby Hoffman and Pete Emmons looking like hippies while the members looked like we just stepped off the bus from West Point. Very odd combination. We used to say our long hair grew inside, not outside...I heard George Carlin say the same thing years later...don't know if he had used that phrase back then or not, and maybe one of our members heard it from his routine and used it with us.

Nice!

Does anyone else but me recall the staff (Blue Stars maybe? Cliff?) who all showed up at a show or two wearing sandles (like Birkenstocks) and robes of some sort in the '70's? One guy was even carrying a mast or staff of some type. They looked "Just like two guru's in heat" or something... a few years late for the hippie movement and style, but just like that?

<1$ to John Lennon>

Two gurus in drag, Geno. In drag.

Did someone say "wafro"?

BD0042.jpg

Wayne Downey and Jerry Seawright at DCI Finals in 1976.

Yes, the staff that year was the "All Hair Team". Mike Moxley had quite a mane going, but I think Brian Price still had the longest hair of anyone in the organization, male or female. LOL.

THAT'S Wayne Downey???

"They say that cat Shaft is a bad mother.....

Shut your mouth!

But I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft!

Then we can dig it!"

Photo 1: Jupiter

Photo 2: Concert Formation: Evita

Photo 3: End of Stone Ground Seven

These are wonderful photos!

Its nice that they were taken on a field with minimal markings on it (and no gigantic centre logo to screw up your view).

I wish DCI had access to a clean field at Finals every year.

Yes, the staff that year was the "All Hair Team". Mike Moxley had quite a mane going, but I think Brian Price still had the longest hair of anyone in the organization, male or female. LOL.

But Dave, you were there when I cut Brian's hair on tour. As soon as we get our home PC up and running again I'll scan in the picture unless Lee or someone has it!

BD0043.jpg

Talk about hair, here's more of the staff that same night. To the right of Jerry and one of the moms, is Rick Odello, then Jim Ott (who really dressed up for the occasion), then the long-haired and bearded Mike Moxley, and then Wayne again with his arms in the air.

But Dave, you were there when I cut Brian's hair on tour. As soon as we get our home PC up and running again I'll scan in the picture unless Lee or someone has it!

Sorry, I can't find any pics. It's up to you, Vickie!

####, bass drum #7 is cut off (again).

I guess I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of the battery.

Oops, sorry Mike. Dang drum line was just too w i d e .....

I'll try to find another shot with all the BDs. Happy to oblige a fellow cheesehead.

Did someone say "wafro"?

BD0042.jpg

Wayne Downey and Jerry Seawright at DCI Finals in 1976.

Holy crap!!! Lee, you HAVE to send a good copy of that to Jeff DeMello for the histprical project he's working on ('course, after THIS pic, it'll be more like a hysterical project!)

Dayam, Wayne!!!