some old corps photos

I love this one....

1969_cavies.jpg

Back when men were men and rudi bass drummers wore sunglasses!!! B)

This was taken at the practice I stopped by to earlier this year. Any of the above in this one below?

100_0439.jpg

Lee, that was my last retreat also!! It's a great picture. I STILL to this day, miss marching!!!

Just learned how to post pictures, only because someone else had the nerve to ask and I got the directions!!!! HA!

BlueDevils.jpg

Wow....looks painful!!

Was that during "Legend"??

And this could get your head chopped off!

Cymbals.jpg

BTW the other two in the cymbal line were doing the same moves on the other side of the drum line.

Of course, this was back when every corps-person marched a full show.

Puppet

I'd almost forgotten how "echoey" that stadium was. What a fun show!

You know, it's so nice to hear (in an S&M kinda way) that everyone else was happy/devastated when they had to march their last show too. At least we can comfort each other and still talk up the good times.

Edited by apoch003

And speaking of cool bass drummers…ringo.jpg

caption.jpg

He was so cool, we called him Ringo - All five feet of him behind a thunder bass. Don't know how he made it through our drill year after year.

Puppet

BlueDevils.jpg

This is one of my favorite photos so far, from this entire thread. It shows so vividly that drum corps is made up of individual kids when you disassemble the unit into its constituent parts. These are two ordinary kids who just loved drum corps (and happened to be members of an outstanding organization, too). This photo puts a very human, non-performing face on the performers. While members of the vaunted Blue Devils, they could also easily be kids from next door or your college roommates. And the great color really makes the 1981 – 1983 seasons seem so much less distant in time than the quarter century that has actually passed since we were all young and fit and invincible.

Great photograph. I love candid, fully-uniformed, off-the-field shots like this.

Thank you.

Great photograph. I love candid, fully-uniformed, off-the-field shots like this.

Thank you.

BDhornspic.jpg

How about these goofballs? You're looking at a photo of some of the horns from BD 1980. The shot was taken in Birmingham not long before finals.

Left to right:

Dave Carico (bari), Brad Kintscher (french horn), Mike "Gilligan" Culbertson (french horn), Martha Stevens (bari), Glen Babros (flugel), Chris Nalls (french horn), Dave Tuttle (french horn - but where did all the hair go????), Ray Atlas (bari), and Todd "Golden Boy" Thacker (flugel/mellophone). Those were the days!

:P

Edited by BDCorno