some old corps photos

Where was Alan Silverstein? He was the drum guy at San Diego State when I started there in 81
Third from the left side of the line. He taught the line that I was in for a short stint in the summer of '77. VERY talented and "laid back." I believe he was/is? involved with various styles of international drumming. It was good to see him again at the '75/'76 snare line reunion in 2001 at the Concord show. I think that he currently is a teacher in Europe.

1976 Blue Devils snareline.

346784351.jpg

Why does it look like they're only holding one stick?

Because the camera is looking straight on at the bead of the stick in the left hand.

And, I got to march in between Scott and Alan! Good times - definitely

Edited by CM76

Because they were so good they could play all those great parts on the right hand all whilst flipping the judge the bird with the left. :smile:

:cool:

Does kinda look like that. I don't know if it's just because they have their hair pulled back or what. But some of those guys are rocking a serious power mullet look. (Says that man who had a perm-mullet at one time.)

:smile:

Does kinda look like that. I don't know if it's just because they have their hair pulled back or what. But some of those guys are rocking a serious power mullet look. (Says that man who had a perm-mullet at one time.)

No mullets in the corps at that time. Prodigious amounts of long hair, yes - especially the staff. In particular, Mike Moxley had a rather impressive mane going on, from my recollection.

No mullets in the corps at that time. Prodigious amounts of long hair, yes - especially the staff. In particular, Mike Moxley had a rather impressive mane going on, from my recollection.

How about Wayne's biker 'stache??? Some frightenign pics from back in the day!

Funny thing....when I went to Jerry's memorial in 04, I found that Mike was starting to look more like Jerry...down to the white hair!

How about Wayne's biker 'stache??? Some frightenign pics from back in the day!

Funny thing....when I went to Jerry's memorial in 04, I found that Mike was starting to look more like Jerry...down to the white hair!

Yeah, the Fu Manchu was popular back then. Mel Stratton had one, and I think Mike even wore one for a short while. Ron Menke and Steve Chorazy also had Fu's from my recollection. We were just ###### back then, you know what I mean? I don't think Jerry would have looked right with a Fu - he did sport a moustache for a while and it never did look quite right on him.